Thread: DO 4.4.7 / 1069 odd Today and calendar widget behaviors

DO 4.4.7 / 1069 odd Today and calendar widget behaviors

on my S9 phone....
    using the Today widget
    - when I touch the plus to add an event the screen goes blank and there's NO response from DO .. I wait and wait over 2 minutes, no response. I use android to go back to the home page... I press the DO icon and same thing, blank screen no response... again use android to go back to the home screen/kill any running apps... try again to add event via plus on widget everything works as advertised
    - from time to time as I try to scroll up/down the widget looking at events, the widget FREEZES with "LOADING" displayed on several lines. If I'm patient and walk away or go to another app EVENTUALLY the Today widget updates and I can see the events I was looking for

Calendar widget
    - from time to time when I look at the calendar widget it shows blank days when I know there are events those "blank" days. If I cycle thru a wifi sync the calendar goes back to correct sync with the events.

DO app icon
    - from time to time (just happened) I press the DO icon and the screen goes blank and stays blank... same as above reported when using the Today widget but this is totally independent of any touching of either today or calendar widget...stilll in a blank screen, pressing home, press DO icon still blank screen, pressing close all android, pressing DO icon, all is well the proper DO screen appears... convenient this happened while I was composing this...lol

Both issues above can be repeated but not always at will, in other words, sometimes all is ok, sometimes the Today widget seems to hang up/lock up... could be a timing issue ?? I'm surely NOT the expert...lol

not critical but only odd behaviors.
    thanks in advance,

dickybilly, all of the cases where the screen goes blank are crashes. I think the 2 minute pause is that it is sending info to Google's Android homebase. We can take those crash reports and fix them. Often it is phone or data specific.

I anticipate an update shortly. In the mean time, a tech will reach out to you to go through these items in detail.

Thank you for the report.

There are stranger things happening...
    = from time to time the PLUS to add an event doesn't work on the Today widget
    - from time to time the calendar widget loses data and only shows the current week...checking events using DO calendar shows the entire correct monthly calendar
    - any event (all) now notifies to the nome screen which shouldn't be happening (all alarms are turned off in Do settings)

Could this be because I'm updating/syncing to google calendar ??? I'm now turning that off in DO

I think Google Calendar is unlikely. Probably just the new timing on the widget. Do you have the 1x4 widget displayed also?

nope, I use the 4x4 for today and calendar

I had another "bad" hang while on a phone call I needed to reference a DO contact.... DO hung but luckily I didn't lose the phone call

I have having pretty regular crashes as well on a Samsung S9. For example, just now I tried to open using the DejaCalendar 1 day widget, and the screen went black. This has been happening pretty regularly.

Alan

Samsung S9
    Android 8.0.0
    DO 4.4.7, (1069)
    Companionlink 8016
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    CL 8016
    DJO 4.4.7 (1069)
    Local Wi-Fi sync
    DJO sync settings: Sync with Android Contacts App, No sync with Android Calendar App
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android Version 8.0.0
    PC Win 10 64 bit
    Outlook 2016

The crashes should get fixed this week. We get an analysis through the play store that lets us fix these readily. I apologize for the inconvenience.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Alan,

We posted a new update to the Play Store that should have crash fixes, please let us know if the issue continues after the update.

I've been running v4.4.7 build 1072 .....
    so far no crashes
    I'm continuing to watch the today and calendar widgets for updating and so far nothing to report.
    THANKS for fixing these issues