Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supporting Franklin Covey PlanPlus products

FC Planner support

Thanks for you quick response.

I'm definitely sorry to hear that. I think the old FC program kept a great deal of the old paper planner we all loved, but their newer iterations are, in my view, of somewhat lesser quality. However, I can't say I'm surprised. As you note, FC Planner 8.1 is not quite fully compatible with anything modern and I had a devil of a time getting it to work with my Vista laptop and syncing with a succession of Treo devices. But I did get it to work. At this point I'm starting to think I'm finally out of luck.

What variant of FC do you expect to sync with? When do you expect this version of DejaOffice to be available?

Alternatively, is there another desktop program that you would recommend that you *can* sync with that allows the A-B-C && 1-2-3-etc. prioritization of tasks, and also the record-keeping functionality of not deleting old tasks that are completed / cancelled / forwarded (so you can still tell in the future what tasks *were* on that day)?

Thanks.

Elie

A2, B1 functionality will soon be part of DejaOffice Android and iPhone

Also - so will Contact History that will hold completed tasks.

So you are saying in addition, the Calendar should be able to show completed tasks for a given day. That will be easy.

I'll make a note of it. We'll be allowing the A2/B1 functionality in Outlook and Palm Desktop simply by using the Subject line.

I currently use PlanPlus (whatever the most recent version is) with Outlook 2010. I know, not supported, but most of the features work just fine. I tried to use DejaOffice with my NexusOne (Froyo 2.2). The app looks fine on the phone and on the PC. But, the sync is broken. When starting the sync from the phone, the computer does not respond. I have now uninstalled it and have exhausted the trial period. Would really like this to work. Where am i going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    Elie, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately at this time we have no plans to support PlanPlus for Windows or Franklin Planner 8.1. I believe both products were discontinued several years ago and as I recall they are not compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Our sole support plan currently is for PlanPlus for Outlook, which itself is not yet compatible with Outlook 2010, only Outlook 2007.

Are there any features we can implement only on the phone side that would suit your needs? We could accommodate by synchronizing to normal Outlook 2010, Palm Desktop 6.2 or even Pimlical.

Hi! I am new here too. Any news of synch project yet!

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Elie, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately at this time we have no plans to support PlanPlus for Windows or Franklin Planner 8.1. I believe both products were discontinued several years ago and as I recall they are not compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Our sole support plan currently is for PlanPlus for Outlook, which itself is not yet compatible with Outlook 2010, only Outlook 2007.

Are there any features we can implement only on the phone side that would suit your needs? We could accommodate by synchronizing to normal Outlook 2010, Palm Desktop 6.2 or even Pimlical.
    I am a long time FranklinCovey user, even when it was just Franklin and the s/w was Ascend. I rue the day I switched from Ascend because it has been a downhill slide since then. I think DejaTasks with the Franklin priorities is pretty close right now to being a good product for us old Franklin groupies. First fix the sorting, I want to sort first by due date, then by the A's, B's and C's. Right now I have to put A01, A02 as the first part of the task wording to help sort but that is not always successful (I have also posted on just the sorting previously). Having a drag to assign priorities would also be cool as previously mentioned.
    Samsung Note 8 Android 7.1.1
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010
    Sync: WiFi