Thread: New version? DejaOffice 4.4.9, build 1076 - plus new bluetooth problem

New version? DejaOffice 4.4.9, build 1076 - plus new bluetooth problem

This appeared this morning - can't find out what's new in it. I was at DJO 4.4.8, build 1072.

And, related or not, now I can't get Bluetooth sync to work. Got a message twice that said "Unable to connect to bluetooth device. Verify bluetooth is turned on." I had re-paired them several times before that.
    [pause] after a while, it did start but Sync Status is stuck on the first step, Retrieving Android data. Finally got a new message box - Login failed. Sync not logged in.

So, I'm going to start by restarting the phone and the computer and see if that helps.

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017), last system update Jan. 18, 2018
    DJO 4.4.8, build 1072; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803, last major update 5/24/18, last monthly update 7/12/18
    PalmDesktop 4.2

Bluetooth sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Here's the updates page (just found it)
    https://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/

Hello Marjory,

I can confirm that Bluetooth Sync is working fine for me using DejaOffice 4.4.9 (1078). Is the correct Bluetooth device selected in the Bluetooth Settings of CompanionLink on the PC?

Yes, I checked that this time, and it still failed. Then I closed DJO and CLO, opened them again, checked the settings again, and it ran all right. It's been erratic like that.

Quote Originally Posted by marjoryb98 View Post
    Sync Status is stuck on the first step, Retrieving Android data. Finally got a new message box - Login failed. Sync not logged in.
    This happened again this morning. They definitely are communicating, as the arrow is spinning in the upper right in DJO. In fact, after closing CLO (but not turning off bluetooth in the phone) it continued to spin. And when exiting DJO, I got a message that it was syncing and did I really want to exit.

Before syncing, I checked the settings in CLO and it did show that it was paired with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by marjoryb98 View Post
    This happened again this morning. They definitely are communicating, as the arrow is spinning in the upper right in DJO. In fact, after closing CLO (but not turning off bluetooth in the phone) it continued to spin. And when exiting DJO, I got a message that it was syncing and did I really want to exit.

Before syncing, I checked the settings in CLO and it did show that it was paired with the phone.
    Then I restarted the phone, re-paired it to the computer, and it ran fine. I had hoped that at least the first sync in the morning would work (after everything having been turned off overnight) but I guess that's not reliable.

... and then I made some changes in Palm and it ran fine.
    Last edited by marjoryb98; 07-20-2018 at 08:33 AM.