Thread: Syncing methods, Bluetooth and local WiFi

Syncing methods, Bluetooth and local WiFi

Background - in the summer, most of every week, I'm away from my home wifi and have no practical internet access. I used USB syncing last summer and some this year, and got it working well with detailed instructions from the CLO support folks. But, it's somewhat tedious to connect the phone and computer with the cable and go through the steps carefully. A couple of weeks ago it occurred to me to try Bluetooth, and it worked well for a few days. Then around July 19 I started having a lot of trouble with it either not connecting, or else getting stuck right after connecting and never actually synchronizing.

So, I'm giving up on using Bluetooth. I still think something in the last DJO update on July 19 (4.4.9, build 1078) must have caused my problems, since that's when I started having so much trouble. It got so I was wasting a half hour at a time trying to make it work. And it happens first thing in the morning, when everything has been restarted after being shut off overnight.

Now, I've powered up an old router which makes my own little WiFi system; it doesn't need to be cabled to anything. The phone found it and gave me the IP address. I did the Setup Wizard in DJO and set it for wifi, and checked the sync setting to be sure it was also set there (it was). Then in CLO I changed the settings and found that it has already paired them (no need to enter the IP address manually). So far it's been good - fingers crossed in hopes that it continues!

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017), last system update Jan. 18, 2018
    DJO 4.4.9, build 1078; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803, last major update 5/24/18, last monthly update 7/12/18
    PalmDesktop 4.2

WiFi sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Thanks for sharing your notes.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Thanks for sharing your notes.
    The one addition to this is that I got a bit tangled up with the router IP address, as later on I unplugged it for a while. When I plugged it in again, one of the digits was different. I finally got them re-paired by first setting each for UBS syncing, then being sure each was connected to the wifi, and then going through the steps to set each for wifi again. First do it in DJO, then in CLO.
    Then I went home for a few days and did the same steps to connect to the router there. Once they are properly connected, syncing with wifi is by far the fastest and easiest for, compared to bluetooth and USB.