Thread: Android USB Sync on PC never starts

Android USB Sync on PC never starts

I've been using DJO with CL to sync my PC Outlook to my Android device calendar/contact system for the past 8-10(?) years.
    Normally, I sync with Direct USB (Mass Media), although occasionally use Local Wifi.
    It's normally worked flawlessly.
    My sync process overwrites the device with the PC data.

My setup consists of:

On the PC (Windows 7 Home Premium):
    - MS Office Outlook 2007
    - CompanionLink v5.0 (Build 5072)(DJC None)

On both devices: (Google Nexus 5-Android v6, Samsung TabPro-LineageOS v7 )
    - DejaOffice 4.4.9 (build 1076)

For the last two months (the last successful sync was May 10), I have been unable to sync.

After reading this forum, and observation of the process on both devices, it appears that:
    - after connecting via USB, OR connecting via wireless
    - and starting the sync process on the device,
    - DJO collects the contact records first from the device, then attempts to connect to the PC

although I have set the USB mode for file transfers, DJO does not appear to be connecting to CL.
    CompanionLink never starts to synchronize.

If I select "OK" from the device menu ("Select OK when PC sync is finished), and then try to re-sync, I get the error message "PC Sync has not yet completed."

I have checked "MyComputer" and the device is mounted and accessible.

I have tried different variations, with multiple re-boots of all devices, with no success.

I went through the CompanionLink support forum troubleshooting steps of "Android USB - Sync won't Start on PC", with no success.

I've also tried "Manual Sync Mode", by disconnecting the USB cord and selecting "Manual Sync" in the Settings/Sync options. DJO indicates it is synchronizing, but then never completes - i.e., there is no pop-up "Please Close DejaOffice..." etc.

Potential options:
    - rolling back to earlier versions of either DJO 4.4.9, or CL v5.0
    - other troubleshooting?

Any help and/or suggestions are appreciated!
    TIA
    Ed

Ed, I forwarded this to our tech support and they will reach out on Monday.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for contacting DejaOffice. Please open a support ticket via the link below and we will be happy to help you get this working again.

http://dejaoffice.com/support.html

I've now sent opened three (3) support tickets for this problem, using the description I posted above. I haven't had a response, nor does it appear the DJO was updated to correct the problem.

gandoe, have you checked your spam folder for the responses?

We are well caught up. For the last two weeks, all tickets have been responded to in the next business day.

USB not connecting is typically a driver error with Phone and PC. To diagnose we will need the exact model of phone, Android OS version and carrier (each carrier has a flavor of the OS).

It is Saturday today, but I have a tech available today. Our phone lines are off but I can get someone to help get the right info.

Mostly though - check your spam folder. All tickets are responded to on the next business day. If your mailer is denying you from reading our response that is something in your control. Be sure to whitelist @companionlink.com and @dejaoffice.com.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 08-18-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I have checked my spam folder....and I haven't seen a response.

Just to be clear, I've tried not only with USB, but also with local WiFi, with the same result...while DJO starts the sync on the phone, it either doesn't connect, and doesn't start the sync with CompanionLink on the PC.

To provide a bit more info, the phone is a Nexus 5 (LG), running stock Android 6.01, and the carrier is T-Mobile.

As noted, my configuration hasn't changed for some time now, yet the DJO sync process has stopped working since May.

I've whitelisted both companionlink and dejaoffice.

Thanks again for your help.

We need to get you with a text. I looked up your email address here on the forums, and I don't see any tickets tagged with that. Why don't you email me directly at wayland@companionlink.com and let's see if that goes through...

Will do...sending now