+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deleting old entries from calendar not working

Deleting old entries from calendar not working

Hi

I tried to delete old calendar entries up to a selected date to no avail.
    Is this a known bug?

Thanks
    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    McLion,

Thank you for contacting CompanionLink Technical Support. Just to clarify, you wanted to erase All items up to a certain date? Or are you just trying to delete the older entries of a single recurring event?

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hi Thomas,

All old entries up to a certain date.

Cheers,
    Franz
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    McLion,

It appears to be working on this end, but Recurring events would not be removed if there is an instance past the "Wipe Date". The items that remain in the past in DejaCalendar, are they recurring events?

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Hmmm ...
    This is on a HTC phone with Android 4.2.2 and latest DJO from Store, not on the Pixel.
    Nothing is deleted, not recurring entries nor normal entries and we tried multiple times.

DejaOffice Team Member
    And to be sure, when you:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap DejaCalendar Settings
    4. Scroll to the bottom and tap Wipe Records.

When you select the date here, you are changing it to 2018 for the year correct? It defaults to a year prior.

Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #

Yes, that's exactly what I did, including selecting a date.
    I now rebooted the phone and tried again. Guess what? This time, it worked! I really don't know if I did something different or if it simply needed a reboot, which I doubt ... it probably was me ..

Thanks anyway
    Cheers, McL

+ Reply to Thread