Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One-Off Issue: Convert .csv to .tda

DejaOffice Team Member
    Marjory,

Yes this would have you syncing to 3 places. The idea is if you like our new Desktop program, you would eventually phase out using Palm, as it has had no updates in about 14 years and it a little unpredictable at times, especially in newer operating systems. We make several backups of the Palm data on a sync and DejaOffice makes several backups. We are going to put this through rigorous testing, but we have safety nets in place for your palm data.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    In just a few weeks, you can export it to DejaOffice PC which has "grid view". The grid view allows you to cut and paste to excel. We just finished a DJOA sprint and so that is going to market in the next week. Look for round category colors. And I'm hoping for DPC for Palm Desktop to be out around Thanksgiving time...

https://www.companionlink.com/dpcx-opt-in.php
    So before I drop the fifty bucks, I want to make double-damn sure that I can EXPORT my Task lists (with priorities, categories, and due dates) into something that is PC-editable (e.g., Excel), and then be able to RE-IMPORT them into PD4 if I so choose.

Marjory,

You wrote on 10/30 - "The system is built to keep in sync with your PDT4. So you can always switch back and forth - until we convince you to never need it..."
    So, if I sign up to test it, is it actually syncing 3 ways? DJO, PDT and the new version? I REALLY don't want to lose or mess up what I have in PDT.
    The product is now live so you do not have to sign up. Just download it from here: https://www.dejaoffice.com/pc/palmdesktop/

Yes, it is actually going 3 ways. That is, if you sync now from Palm Desktop to Phone, it will insert itself in the middle, to go from PalmDesktop to DejaOffice PC to Phone.

The pinned Calendar is really nice. You can make it as small or large as you want. So once you get used to it, you will no longer need anything open during the day. Just click on the calendar to check it.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 01-20-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbinney View Post
    So before I drop the fifty bucks, I want to make double-damn sure that I can EXPORT my Task lists (with priorities, categories, and due dates) into something that is PC-editable (e.g., Excel), and then be able to RE-IMPORT them into PD4 if I so choose.
    1. Yes you can cut and paste from DPC to Excel.

2. Why would you want to go from Excel to Palm Desktop, when DPC already syncs with Palm Desktop.

We designed this product to work together with Palm Desktop as long as you need it. Using DPC doesn't preclude also using Palm Desktop with the same dataset. So you can add a new Task in DPC, and then edit or complete it in Palm Desktop.

No need to drop $50. It runs as a 14 day trial. Use the "Trial" link from this page: https://www.dejaoffice.com/pc/palmdesktop/

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    2. Why would you want to go from Excel to Palm Desktop, when DPC already syncs with Palm Desktop.
    I don't know!

All I want to be able to do is do massive editing (complete with Find/Replace) and I figured Excel was the easiest way to manipulate data.

Will try this week!

rjbinney, I thinnk this is covered in a different way. The DPC database is in SQLite, so any SQLite browser can handle it. We use: https://sqlitebrowser.org/

With this tool you can directly add, edit, import, export all the tables, and the task table is one.

But even without it, I think the Grid View in DPC has a lot of functionality and we can certainly add more. And as I mentioned you can easily export today using CTRL-A-CTRL-C and paste to Excel.

I've forgotten now what the import capability is for Palm Desktop 4 and Palm Desktop 6. I can't recall that either one had import for tasks. But with DPC you can import using DB Browser. So we may already be ahead of what Palm Desktop does, although on a bit o a techie level.