Thread: “Show as...” options

“Show as...” options

I’ve been using DejaOffice for quite some time and quite satisfied. I just recently went from Android to iPhone and noticed that there is no “show as” - show as busy, out of the office, tentative, free, etc as there is in Outlook and the Android version. This is an important function in any calendar system. I now have to go on my computer I Outlook in order to change any calendar entries I make on my iPhone which is very tedious. Is there a reason this is not on the iPhone version and are there plans to remedy this?

Thank you
    David

David, welcome to the forum and thank you for posting this. We'll get this into the next release which should be less than 10 days away.

For DejaOffice for iPhone, our current project is to go screen by screen to ensure that the options are a) the same as DJOA and b) has EVERYTHING that Outlook has, that Act! has, that GoldMine has and also Palm Desktop. Your suggestion fits this task, and I can prioritize this for the next release.

We started DejaOffice eight years ago. In that eight years, DJOI has had maybe 10 developers, where DJOA has had one. Neither product is perfect, but the iPhone version has suffered from fractured development and also a mind set that we should "do things the Apple way".

In 2018, I've made the command decision that 90% of our DJOI customers are Windows PC users, and we need to do things the PC way, not Apple way. That we are not seeking simplicity in stripping down features, the Apple way, but Completeness in the feature set which is a mark of Windows products.

Our focus is our new DejaOffice PC product which is weill on the way to completion. Our goal by Years-End is that DJOA (Android), DJOI and DPC will have the same list views, the same fields, fields in the same order on edit screens, and substantially the same options on all three plaforms. That way, you don't have to think when you make an appointment; does first name come first or second on this platform.

Do for long term DJOI customers, be prepared for a series of updates for the next 100 days that will slowly move menu options, and screens to bring the product up to a new standard.

Here is a link for info on our DejaOffice PC product:

https://www.companionlink.com/dpcx-opt-in.php

Awesome! I look forward to continued improvements!!!