Thread: Moved clusb file to new android phone

Moved clusb file to new android phone

Hi All, My old android died and I got a new one. Fortunately I regularly backed up my whole clusb directory from my old android phone. So I copied the clusb directory to my new android phone and installed DJOA. How do I get DJOA on my new android to recognize and use the clusb files? Thanks,

I should mention that I'm not doing any cloud syncing or any syncing to my pc. Only using the data on my phone.

Here is our standard help text on this:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...ffice_database

Yes, I did that. The companionlink.db is in the clusb dir on my new android phone. How do I get the DJOA app to recognize it and actually read the data? My DJOA app is empty of data. Thanks,

Running DJO will make a new /clusb folder and put an empty file in it.

Close it (exit) then replace the empty file with your full one.

Android virtualizes the volumes, so you may need to hunt around for the right empty file to replace.

OK, thanks. How do I locate the virtualized volume on my new android phone that has the clusb dir and the companionlink.db file? I'm using Android 8.1.0 on an MI AndroidOne phone. Thanks, I did a google search for -- android "virtual volume" -- and found nothing relevant. Where does DJOA usually install the clusb dir? How do I find it?

Is a "volume" different from a directory? Is there a way to un-virtualize the volume that has the DJOA clusb directory? Is the clusb dir hidden inside some virual volume on my android phone?

Do I need to have some kind of sync turned on before I can see the clusb dir?

On all my old android phones the clusb dir was clearly visible and not hidden. Why would it be hidden on my new phone? Why did CL decide to hide the clusb dir? Years ago I purchased a copy of CL. Do I need to enter in my CL license key or something?

Thanks,
    Last edited by m3110w; 09-18-2018 at 10:35 PM.

I'm using ES File Explorer. I turned on Hidden Files and still not seeing any clusb dir. I looked in the Android/data dir and nothing there related to DJO. Where is the DJOA data getting saved?

Hi m3110w,

It might help here to open your Android device Settings and go to Apps > Permissions. Switch Storage permission on for DejaOffice. If it is already on, switch it off then back on, then see if the clusb folder shows up when plugged into the PC (in File Transfer or MTP mode). If you still do not see it, please create a support ticket via the link below and mention in the ticket that this is a forum issue.

http://www.dejaoffice.com/support.html

Yay! I got it working! When I uninstalled DJOA I discovered that 4 small companionlink files where still hiding in the ES File Manager directory. I deleted those files. Then re-installed DJOA and bingo! The clusb dir was now there! I replaced the companionlink.db file with my backup db file and now all my Tasks and Contacts are there. Yay!

Thanks to DJOCTO and Chris L for your help and suggestions. DJOA is a great app. Cheers,

How do I mark this thread as "Solved"?

SOLVED!

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm a bit late to this discussion but just wanted to say thank you for those help texts on the Companion Link website. They are really well written and easy to follow.