Thread: When changing to WiFi sync, CLO rereads every item

When changing to WiFi sync, CLO rereads every item

Still in my summertime mode of needing to sync with USB most of the week, and preferring to use WiFi for the 2 days it's available. I can redo the setup easily enough in DJO and PDT to switch from one to the other. But, I've noticed that on the first sync after I've switched to WiFi, CLO is rereading every item in all 4 categories. I thought other times it was rereading the Palm data, but today I paid attention and it was rereading Android. Just before I started the sync, and after changing the method, I checked the Options menu, and it was NOT set to reread either one. Because of the re-reading, that first sync takes a lot longer than normal.

What's really annoying about this though is that a number of calendar items that I'm sure I had changed in the phone since the last sync did not get recognized in Palm after this sync. This should not be happening - normally, when I use the same sync method for several days, changes that I've made on each side are correctly updated in the other. It seems to only happen when I switch from USB to WiFi, not from WiFi to USB.

Is this a bug in the programming, or is there something more that I need to do when I change sync methods?

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017), last system update Jan. 18, 2018
    DJO 4.4.11, build 1087; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803, last major update 5/24/18, last monthly update 9/13/18
    PalmDesktop 4.2

Alternating between WiFi and USB sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

To clarify this a bit, items that I had moved and not edited still read the same. I'm not sure about anything I might have both moved to a new date and/or time and also edited in some way. Kind of tricky to check everything and try to find something that might have lost an addition or correction.
    [pause] I'm finding duplicates of some items, not ones that were edited, but that were moved to a different date and/or time on both sides.
    [again] Most of the items I move regularly are in the calendar, so that's where I'm noticing the problem. I did just find one duplicate item in Tasks as well.
    Last edited by marjoryb98; 10-10-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Can anyone help with this??? I (foolishly) switched back to WiFI sync this afternoon, and when I ran it CLO has been rereading EVERY Android record for a very long time. At one point, I got a pop-up message that said -
    "You have deleted 43 Calendar records on Android
    "Are you sure you want these records DELETED on Palm Desktop?"
    This time I answered NO.

When it finally finished, DJO and Palm seem to be the same, though whatever changes I had made in the phone since the last USB sync are back to where they had been.
    This time I think that I had only made changes in the phone.
    And this time I forgot to check to see if CLO had set itself to reread everything, in either Palm or Android.

WHAT IS TRIGGERING THIS BEHAVIOR during the sync?

I had copied the whole clusb folder from the phone to my computer before I did the sync. Not sure if I want to mess with copying that back to the phone, or how much of it I should copy.

In about 2 weeks I'll be back to just using WiFi to sync. Before I do that, I think I'll do a final USB sync, then reboot both the phone and computer, make ONE change on each side, and then do a WiFI sync and see what happens.

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017), last system update Jan. 18, 2018
    DJO 4.4.11, build 1091; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803, last major update 5/24/18, last monthly update 10/10/18
    PalmDesktop 4.2

Alternating between WiFi and USB sync -- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

One more note - every item that had an alarm set and had previously been moved in Calendar now does not have the alarm set.
    And, changes I had made in notes for calendar items in DJO are gone there and do not appear in Palm.

How to I reinstall my recent backup??

DejaOffice Team Member
    Marjorie,

Here is the guide for restoring a backup of DejaOffice:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...ffice_database

For the issues of the sync, I will still have to go with picking a sync method and sticking with it. It sounds like USB might be the best choice. The drivers that control the USB and Wifi are very different. When you swap a methods the program has to do a record compare on each record to ensure it matches, it will typically take the "latest" change. I feel alot of your troubles would alleviated sticking with one sync method.

Thanks for the quick note! What's more frustrating is that switching the methods weekly was working fine for at least a month or more. Then it started doing all this rereading and duplicating of items. Now I'm trying to track down what's gotten duplicated and tripled, with and without alarms.

If I restore the file from this morning (which was before I changed to Wifi), and then do a USB sync, should I tell CLO to reread Android the first time I sync it? Or should I set it to only sync each of the 4 parts from Android to Palm? Or both?

And, for later reference, when I want to change to Wifi for the winter, what steps should I take to make the sync work properly? I'm thinking that doing a USB sync, then not making any changes on either side, restarting both, and then doing a Wifi sync should keep them coordinated?

Just to wrap this stage up, I did copy into the phone the DB file from just after last good USB sync, and that looked good in DJO. I closed DJO and restarted the phone and DJO still looked good.

Then I set both sides for USB sync, and set CLO to Reread Android, plus Sync both ways. That went very fast, and everything matched except a few alarms which were turned on in DJO and not in Palm. Then in Palm I went through a couple of days of calendar and task items, moved them forward as needed, and turned on the few missing alarms in Palm. Since then I've just been doing USB syncs both ways (without Reread) and it's behaved as it should. Whew.