Thread: Syncing Outlook Calendar, Only Shows Participant Names?

Syncing Outlook Calendar, Only Shows Participant Names?

I searched and could not find an answer to this. I sync my work Outlook calendar to my Android phone via DejaCloud. It is very minimal syncing. I only sync the calendar entries. No tasks, contacts or anything else. What I wanted to know is that when I look in DejaCalendar on my Android phone for a meeting invite, I only see the participant's name (in the "with" section). But I do not see an email address for the participants anywhere.

I am kind of new to the syncing like this so did not know if the replication from Outlook to my phone only displays the participants names and not their email address. Does DejaOffice store or in any way know the email address, too? I did not see them listed in the contacts section which I would expect since I am NOT syncing contacts. Just my calendar data.

Thanks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Tron,

Thank you for contacting CompanionLink Technical Support. Like Outlook the Linked records are coming from Contacts, in the "With" field we would be looking for the Contact associated with the event, and the email would be within this contact. If the attached contact does not exist in DejaContacts, it would show a name with no linking. In short, to be able to open contacts linked to events you would have to also be syncing the contacts.

If you only want the contacts in DejaOffice, you can ensure the "Native" contact sync is off in the Sync Settings of DejaOffice:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap settings > Tap sync settings
    3. Uncheck "Sync with Android Contacts App".

This ensures Contacts in DejaOffice are only in DejaContacts, not in the "Native" Android contacts app.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Tron,

Thank you for contacting CompanionLink Technical Support. Like Outlook t...
    Thank you very much for the details. I actually do NOT want the email address to come through in my local copy of my business calendar. So I guess I'll just leave things as is and I'll be fine! An internal question came across about company information on a personal device. So if it's just a name and no email address in the local copy things are good.