Thread: Syncing templates to the cloud

Syncing templates to the cloud

Hello,

Maybe this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything on the Forum.
    So: can one sync templates (via cloud or Companionlink) so that they are usable on all devices?

And how is this done?
    Automatically or via a setting in sync?

I have looked and not found the solution .

Thanks for anyone's help!
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build #8018
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 8)
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.14 (1103)
    DPC Beta Build1053
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: with Android Contacts App
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected

That would make so much sense! Oyle I'm afraid we never thought about it.

Right now, the Templates table is not included in our sync data. You can move the actual data file from device to device (all Android) but we have not included that table in what we sync.

I'll add it to the list. This should happen soon. As we approach the release of DejaOffice PC -https://www.companionlink.com/dpcx-opt-in.php (new pics) the pressure is on to standardize all our platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) to do the same thing.

Thanks for your quick response.
    Are the templates stored in a separate data file? I checked the clusb folder but couldn't find a folder or file ther that pointed to templates.

I am very eager to see the new development Dejaoffice PC. Have registered as a beta tester, and would love to see it ASAP.
    As an avid former Treo and PalmDesktop user I have long mourned the passing lf the Treo. Android, DejaOffice and Companionlink have come a long way to fill that void, but an exact or as near enough exact replica of Dejaofice on ones PCDesktop will be perfect.

Will it have similar functionalities as Agendus used to have?
    Anyway thanks for all the great work you are all doing for and at DejaOffice.
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build #8018
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 8)
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.14 (1103)
    DPC Beta Build1053
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: with Android Contacts App
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected

I'll double check where templates are stored. I may be wrong. If they are in each table then they will sync...

DejaOffice PC is super cool. The date keeps slipping. My programmer is split with some other projects. One of them is a badly needed DJOA update that will come out in beta tomorrow and in full release next week.

I was never an Agendus user. I'm well aware of the product. I'll have to go through some old screen snapshots to remember all the stuff there. Are there any key features that Agendus had that DejaOffice does not have? I know a lot of it was little conveniences here an there.

I"m very excited about DejaOffice PC. The ability to pin a calendar or contact list to your desktop, and not need to open the app is huge. Imagine taking a call, scheduling an Appointment with a Contact for next Tuesday from 3-4pm at a given location, all without ever opening a PC program. Then when you go into Outlook, there it all is!