Thread: One-Way-Sync for Android contacts

One-Way-Sync for Android contacts

I'd like to have some of my contacts inside Androids native contact app. So I enabled DO to transfer some contact categories to Androids contact app. This wasn't a problem before and worked good together with the Outlook sync.

But now I detected that native contacts by unknown reasons are instantly re-synced to DO and subsequently to Outlook what changes timestamps and creates new birthday appointments. This behavior seems to be new to me.

Is there an option to make this sync "One-Way" so that Androids contact entries doesn't influence the sync between DO and Outlook?

Greetings, Halweg
    Samsung Galaxy Note IV, Android 6.01, Outlook 2010 German, Windows 7,WiFi sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Halweg,

When DejaOffice syncs to the "Native" Android contacts app, it does create it's own Contact account called DejaOffice. This is a clean separate list from any other connected account in the Native Android. Check here to ensure the Contact Account is still set to DejaOffice, if it has been changed to a different account, it would merge with the contacts in that contact account.

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap Sync settings
    4. Verify Contact Account lists DejaOffice.

If so, this list should only contain contacts synced in from DejaOffice. If it shows Google or an email address, it means it could have pulled in other contacts from the "Native" Contacts app.

Thanks for the answer.
    But yes, the contact account is set to deja office. I've only contacts from DO in my device.
    What I do is:

1. Start an Outlook sync (over Wifi) without any sync to native contacts app. Assure myself that
    (a) "delete all contacts before sync" is enabled,
    (b) the native contacts app shows an empty list (over all accounts) and
    (c) sync with native app inside DO is disabled.
    2. When all 1800 contacts are synced I start the sync to the native app
    (a) setting DO as account and
    (b) just one category with less contacts for testing.
    3. Start syncing with Outlook again.

Now I see that the contacts from that category are newly imported to Outlook having new timestamps and sometimes birthday timeseries.

Inside native contacts app DO account syncing is disabled.

And yes, this behavior is new to me and may be related with the last update of DO.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hmm, If you are wipe syncing every, that would always be a one way sync, we wouldn't have the ability to add or update contacts in Outlook as everything would be coming from Outlook on every sync. Are you sure Outlook didn't have any updates or data file changes?

I delete the DO contacts only the first time. Later a two way sync is what I need. But since the timestamp (ad the original formatting of Outlook notes) is important to me I don't want any unconditionell back syncs.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Halweg,

I have created a support ticket for this issue, please check your email for further assistance.