Thread: 2 questions, about search, and a calendar setting item

2 questions, about search, and a calendar setting item

1. Search - I thought that it always found the desired word in all parts, calendar, tasks, etc, but right now it only finds it in the section I am currently using. From the Home screen, it does find them all. Did that change, or am I just remembering it wrong?

2. Just curious about this, as I could have used it with some past problems - in the Calendar settings, towards the bottom there's an option to "merge duplicate records". Does anyone use that, and does it only merge records that are truly identical? Anyone with experience using it?

and #3, is there more detailed help/user info available beyond what's in the DejaOffice Classroom section of the web site? I did do some looking to see if something like that is available, and didn't find it. I didn't try searching the forums yet, but will.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - I did find this in the Classroom, part of the Tips & Tricks page -

DejaOffice give you the ability to search your Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes with one search query.
    From the Home Screen (or many other screens within DejaOffice), tap the Search icon. The search bar appears at the top of the screen.
    Results are filtered by type (contacts, calendar, tasks and notes) and sorted alphabetically or chronologically (for events).

I'm not sure what is meant by "or many other screens within DejaOffice"

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017), last system update Jan. 18, 2018
    DJO 4.4.14, build 1102; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803, last major update 5/24/18, last monthly update 11/16/18
    PalmDesktop 4.2

WiFi sync -- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts
    Last edited by marjoryb98; 11-30-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Hi Marjory,

For question one, this is the intended behavior of the search function. Regarding the merge duplicates option, it is a better idea to use the dedupe tool in CompanionLink on the PC then perform a purge and reload sync to address any issues with duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L View Post
    Hi Marjory,

For question one, this is the intended behavior of the search function. Regarding the merge duplicates option, it is a better idea to use the dedupe tool in CompanionLink on the PC then perform a purge and reload sync to address any issues with duplicates.
    Thanks for both answers!