Thread: Stuttering and pausing text entry / keyboard

Stuttering and pausing text entry / keyboard

I'm on Android 9 (Pie) on a Sony Xperia XZ1 running DJO 4.4.14

I'm experiencing stuttering and pausing text entry when typing on the screen keyboard.

The keyboard seems to paused mid entry and it can take up to 10 seconds for it to become responsive again.

This only seems to happen in DJO, in all text entry fields (note, contact entry, calendar entry)

Anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm not sure what is happening there. It sounds like there is some sort of lookup going on in your phone.

Try this. In DejaOffice Settings, General Settings, select "Hyperlinks in notes" and uncheck all the options there. This would help note fields, but I don't see how it would affect Subject.

Have you tried the swiftkey keyboard? (3rd party keyboard). It's free. Just download that and see if it does the same.

This is something we can fix. It's likely because of phone number flagging.

Good morning DJOCTO,

Many thanks for your reply.

I tried going back to an older build of DJO and this seemed to fix it.
    My phone then auto updated back to 4.4.14 a few days later (which I didn't want it to) but it doesn't seem to have the stuttering problem now.

I have implemented the setting change you mentioned above anyway - I'm guessing it was the General settings, note links, then unchecking all the options.

As far as I'm concerned, this issue is now fixed. Many thanks!