Thread: Outlook encountered an error reading folder

Outlook encountered an error reading folder

Two days ago I deleted emails from my outlook.pst file (under outlook 2007) AND also I deleted the nyyankee 2018 calendar. After deletion I used outlook data file management to compact both the calendar pst and outlook pst files. There were no error messages and outlook 2007 continues to operate without issue. In outlook I can see all my contact and calendar entries.

I now find that companionlink/dejaoffice no longer wants to sync calendar and contacts between my outlook and android phone giving the error message "cannot read outlook folder". This is a wifi connection over my in home router which takes place without error.

My settings are to only sync calendar and contacts outlook to android. After the error message "cannot read outlook folder" I went to the outlook folders tab on advanced and set the outlook folder (there was a quick display of something but companionlink shows 12000+ entries which is correct so I assume it knows where the outlook.pst file is.

After first time this "cannot read outlook folder" error occurred I tried only syncing contacts...failure; only syncing calendar..failure.
    I then rebooted both my laptop and phone and tried again to sync calendar and contacts... same failure "cannot read outlook folder"
    I then under outlook added the nyyankee 2019 schedule hoping that might be the issue...same failure "cannot read outlook folder"

I think this all began with the email and calendar deletion on the outlook.pst and Internet Calendar Subscriptions.pst files via outlook 2007.

I'm now lost without contacts or calendar entries on my phone dejaoffice
    I would like to know what to try next. :-)
    PLEASE HELP, thanks in advance

dickybilly, most likely your outlook folder has changed.

In CompanionLink Settings, go to Settings, then Advanced (button on lower left) and then find the tab for "Outlook Folders". Drop down the list for each folder and re-selected it.

It may also be worthwhile to do a ScanPST to ensure the folder has no corruption:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...T_instructions

Tech Support is +1(503)243-5200 hours 7am-3:30pm Pacific Time on weekdays. Give a call and they can get your folders re-connected.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 01-15-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks for your quick reply.....however
    as I've stated in my original message..... "My settings are to only sync calendar and contacts outlook to android. After the error message "cannot read outlook folder" I went to the outlook folders tab on advanced and set the outlook folder (there was a quick display of something I could not read but companionlink shows 12000+ entries which is correct so I assume it knows where the outlook.pst file is." This is not clear the problem

I've completed a scanpst on my outlook file...
    I opened companionlink, application and only checked calendar... then I clicked on advanced, outlook folders... it shows personal folders, calendar 12537 records... if I pull down the item it shows 2 personal folders calendar and one internet calendar
    then I try a sync... connecting, reading android, same error "cannot read outlook folder"
    Last edited by dickybilly; 01-15-2019 at 02:26 PM.

I've completed a scanpst on my outlook file...
    I opened companionlink, application and only checked calendar... then I clicked on advanced, outlook folders... it shows personal folders, calendar 12537 records... if I pull down the item it shows 2 personal folders calendar and one internet calendar
    then I try a sync... connecting, reading android, same error "cannot read outlook folder"

Last edited by dickybilly; Yesterday at 03:26 PM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Dickybilly,

I have created Support Ticket for this issue in our support system. Please check your email and we can continue there.