Thread: Forum design and documentation complaints

Forum design and documentation complaints

1. Each time I come here, I find myself wandering about wondering how to conduct business. Case in point: I only just found the way to post a thread. I looked at the faq, and it was missing a vital piece of information: it didn't say that I have to select a sub forum before I see the New Thread button. Make sense? Well, yes, now. But I only clicked this forum as something to do, not because I thought that it would get me where I wanted to go. Putting that at the top of the faq about posting would be helpful.

2. I wanted to update my profile signature, so I went to my profile. No joy, as you know. I tried to search for help on "edit signature". No joy. Finally, stumbled on the Forum Actions drop...just browsing for something to do...and there it is. So maybe a hint over in profile, where I actually see my signature...or better yet, because the sig is not just for the forum, how about editing it in profile?
    Windows 7 x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Mobile Device: Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1
    DejaOffice: 4.4.14.1102
    CompanionLink: 8.0.2.4
    Sync Method: USB
    Data Manager: Palm 4.1.4

We use vBulletin. So for comments and instructions on the forum software go here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

Is THAT referenced in the faq? How would I know to do that?
    And I SHOULD be able to use a single point of contact. The DO folks chose vbulletin, so why are they not the point of contact? You are telling me that I now need to find my way around yet another system, just to make some suggestions that seem to me to be common sense.
    Windows 7 x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Mobile Device: Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1
    DejaOffice: 4.4.14.1102
    CompanionLink: 8.0.2.4
    Sync Method: USB
    Data Manager: Palm 4.1.4