Thread: Alarms turning off randomly

Alarms turning off randomly

I use alarms in Calendar a fair amount (well, too much) to highlight things I want or really need to do during the day. Periodically I find that one or more are turned off in DJO, but still on in PalmDT. I'm not doing that intentionally, and I don't think I am doing it accidentally as I do not use Snooze or Dismiss on the individual item in DejaCalendar (ie, I am only tapping at the top of the screen to go back, nowhere near the bottom where Snooze/Dismiss are). This does not seem to be correcting itself when I sync. Not positive, but I believe that the discrepancy persists through several syncs. It does appear that they are turning off in the DJO side rather than in PDT. Does anyone else find this happening?

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017), last system update Jan. 18, 2018
    DJO 4.4.14, build 1102; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803, last major update 5/24/18, last monthly update 1/9/19
    PalmDesktop 4.2

WiFi sync -- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

DejaOffice Team Member
    Marjory,

Give the following guide a shot for me:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...n_Power_Saving

If the battery saver of Android is closing down the app, it can result in alarms not ringing\only ringing when opening the app. Let me know if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Marjory,
    Give the following guide a shot for me:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...n_Power_Saving

If the battery saver of Android is closing down the app, it can result in alarms not ringing\only ringing when opening the app. Let me know if this helps.
    That page says this:
    The latest Samsung devices utilize new battery settings which "optimizes" your power consumption and can interfere with your DejaOffice alarms. If your DejaOffice alarms are not ringing until you open DejaOffice, the following steps should be performed to resolve the issue.
    Use the steps below to add DejaOffice to your Unmonitored apps list:
    Open Android Settings > Tap "Device maintenance" > Tap "Battery"
    Tap "Unmonitored Apps" > Tap "Add apps"
    Select "DejaOffice" to add

My S5 phone is an antique by today's standards, bought almost 3 years ago and it wasn't the most current model then. I can't find any settings along these lines.

I don't think the phone is closing the app - in fact occasionally I wonder if I have 2 instances of it running as when I close it by doing Exit on the main page, it appears to close but comes back to the main page and I have to Exit again.

Also, it isn't whether the alarms ring, it's that if I edit such an item, I find it is set for No alarm. Earlier today I checked all the alarms I have set in Palm and they are also turned on in DJO (and vice versa), so I'm going to watch this for a while and try to catch a specific instance, and then think about anything I might have done to that entry which might have turned it off.

Here's a thought - if I have moved a previously synced calendar item that has an alarm set in both DJO and PDT, either both to the same new date/time, or perhaps to 2 different dates and/or times, could that trigger this when I do another sync?

And here's a partial test, starting with new calendar items:
    1. Added a new event with alarm in PDT for today but an earlier time, and synced. It appeared in DJO, but without an alarm set. Moved it to a future time in PDT, synced again, and now the alarm is set in DJO.

2. Added a new event with alarm in PDT for a future time today, and synced. It appeared in DJO and has the alarm set. Then moved it to a past time in PDT, synced again, now it does not have an alarm set in DJO.

3. Next, created new event in DJO at a past time, added alarm. It accepted that and shows an alarm. Synced again, event is in PDT but without the alarm.

Now, certainly we wouldn't normally add events for past times, but there may be something about moving/editing existing past events, perhaps in both DJO and PDT between syncs that could cause this. I try to make changes in only PDT or DJO, but not both, between syncs but that varies quite a bit.

It's not that alarms are automatically turned off when the time has passed, and I often move an overdue daily reminder that has an alarm to the next day and it stays set on both sides after syncing. Will play with it some more tomorrow.