Thread: Current status of DejaOffice PC CRM?

Current status of DejaOffice PC CRM?

Hi folks...

I see I can purchase this product, but from discussion here it looks like it's still beta-ish... is that the case?

I'd like to use it, because I would love to have CRM features; I'm currently using Outlook, which is fine, but CRM features would be great to have.

So that I understand this correctly, this product is an Outlook add-in, not a separate Windows app, correct?

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Tim,

The Outlook Add-in has made it's appearance today. This link will have it:

https://www.companionlink.com/files/...a/dpc_beta.exe

Note: This is a live beta updated nearly every day.

To see the Outlook Addin go to Settings, General Settings and check the box for Outlook Addin.

I see I can purchase this product, but from discussion here it looks like it's still beta-ish... is that the case?
    Yes. Give the trial a try. If you need we can extend the trial.

Here is the roadmap with key upcoming dates:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...roduct_Roadmap

So that I understand this correctly, this product is an Outlook add-in, not a separate Windows app, correct?
    The App as a whole is separate. What the Add-In gives you is a quick access tool that lives inside your Outlook Email window. In that tool you can do the following:

1. It pops up the current mail sender as a contact, with phone number and note info.

2. You can click on "Calendar, Tasks, Notes, History" to create a new (blank) record.

3. You can drag an email over to "Calendar, Tasks, Notes, History" to make a new record, with the email text as the base; i.e. contact, category, and note are filled in. So this way you can easily make an Email into a Task.

To live inside of Outlook is a challenge. We must be a COM App and ALSO a UWP app. But this fulfills my goal of being a quick launch pad for people who live on Outlook My original goal was to put full functionality inside of Outlook, and we can do that, but it would end up looking very complex. I like our current role as a lauch pad because it is simple.

See what you think.

Here is our start to a guide for the Add-In:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...k_Add-in_Guide
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 01-28-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Tim,

The Outlook Add-in has made it's appearance today. This link will have it:
    [trimmed]
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.

So you mention launching things from within Outlook; but if I want, can I use it completely outside of Outlook?

Also, I don't use Outlook for emails - I do all my emailing separately (either using my ISP's webmail client, or in a shell account using Alpine, if you can believe there are still old codgers like me doing that ;-) ). Since my work isn't email-centric, but more call-and-text-centric on the phone, do you think this will be of use to me?

- Tim

Well, I just tried to download it - I was able to download the "Standlone" version, but when I tried to download the "DejaOffice CRM for Outlook" version, it took me to a page with:

Code:
    Page Not Found
    Oops! That page doesn't exist. Perhaps one of these pages might help you find what you're looking for.
    ... so I used the link you provided.

Incidentally, there's information about the products, but is there any "compare/contrast" between the Add-In and the standalone version? Or do I need to have BOTH the Add-In installed and the standalone version installed, for the Add-In to work?

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 01-29-2019 at 12:08 PM.