Thread: I set it up for Outlook <-> Android via WiFi, but it says "Blackberry" in settings

I set it up for Outlook <-> Android via WiFi, but it says "Blackberry" in settings

So I set things up to sync with Outlook and Android via WiFi, but Android/WiFi settings has:

"From: BlackBerry 10 Series (Local Wi-Fi Sync)"

What's going on there?

Also, I uninstalled DejaOffice PC CRM and switched back to CompanionLink sync, but it is still showing DejaOffice PC CRM as a sync target. This is unnerving and makes me wonder if any of my data could have been destroyed/altered.

EDIT: After rebooting, CompanionLink shows me the correct info again. Before, it was showing me something that looked like the DejaOffice PC CRM sync settings window, even though I had already uninstalled it. It looks like some cleanup needs to be added when DejaOffice PC CRM is uninstalled so that a reboot isn't required. Anyway, I think I'll sit this one out until all bugs (even minor ones like the need to reboot, or more worrisome ones like it thinking I selected Blackberry when I didn't) are ironed out. :-)

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 02-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

DejaOffice Team Member
    Tim,

Thank you for the feedback, we are aware of the Blackberry display when selecting Android via Wifi. It is only a display bug and we should have it correctly shortly. It will still sync Android via Wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Tim,

Thank you for the feedback, we are aware of the Blackberry display when selecting Android via Wifi. It is only a display bug and we should have it correctly shortly. It will still sync Android via Wifi.
    Good to know it was only a display bug. I thought it was going to actually treat my Android device like Blackberry, and didn't want to risk it. :-)

Do you know why it would show me the wrong Sync screen after I uninstalled it?

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    After uninstalling, did you ensure CompanionLink was closed via the Windows System tray? After switching back to the CompanionLink sync from the DPC sync, you would likely need to close CompanionLink completely, then reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    After uninstalling, did you ensure CompanionLink was closed via the Windows System tray? After switching back to the CompanionLink sync from the DPC sync, you would likely need to close CompanionLink completely, then reopen.
    I didn't check, but thanks for letting me know for next time, in case I install/remove again.

- Tim