Thread: Telephone Number

Telephone Number

I have one person in my contacts with a standard looking telephone number (xxx)123-1234
    When I try to send that to MESSENGER it sends it as {xxx}123-1234
    And that doesn't work
    I have 120 contacts and they all work except that one. The number is correct.

danmichsr welcome to the forum.

Do you meain the Android Messenger app? (I.e. 3rd party app in play store - facebook?)

When you dial it from DJOA does it do the same conversion?

There's nothing in DejaOffice that converts the phone number that I know of. Contact tech support suppor@dejaoffice.com for further investigation.

Yes Android Messenger. I did notice that Microsoft Outlook 2007 originally had the phone entered ad { } instead of ( ) but I corrected that and synced with companion. Both Dejaoffice and Microsoft Outlook read right but transfer to Messenget with the { }.. Thanks for the reply..

DejaOffice Team Member
    Dan,

Are you able dial that number directly from DejaOffice? If so, we can try a clear and reload of the Native Android contacts fresh from DejaContacts.

I have a guess here. Check your Native Android Contact list for the same contact. I'm guessing that MESSENGER is looking it up in Native, and getting the { } from there...

The STDs. Contact that came with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ doesnt have any contacts in it. I have deleted that contact rebooted phone. Added Donald Duck with the same number and get the same results. All my contacts in Deja show as (###)123-1234 but that number shows up as (###) 123-1234 with the added space. I can dial the number direct and it works. Not sure how to dial within Deja. Maybe something to do with Facebook? I show that person listed on my FB twice. Will delete both of them if I can.