Thread: Notifications defaulting to default sound

Notifications defaulting to default sound

There was an android software update this morning (G955USQ5CSB1) that seems to have made all Dejaoffice notification sounds only play using the default tone. Any item not set for the default is silent. All setting remain to use different tones, and when tested they play, but when the alarm time is reached they are silent. I am assuming this is due to the update. Does anyone else have this issue?

Samsung 8+
    Android 8.0.0
    DejaOffice 1116

It didn't solve the issue. The alarms sound, but only if they are set to use the default alarm. Also, if I go to Alarm setting and check the box for always use the default alarm, all alarms sound at the appointed time with the default sound. Any other alarm sound is silent, but there is the notification for the alarm. Also, if I call up an item, edit and go to alarm tone and touch the default sound to test, the sound I hear is the default ring tone, not the default notification tone. But when the alarm goes off set for default alarm, it is the notification sound I hear. This issue seems familiar to one in the past, but I don't recall the fix.

Any updates on this? No change and I really have no idea what happened other than the update.

nmike,

i apologize that a tech did not reach out to you. I'll have one do that monday.

The alarm settings on Android 8 were a big change, and I think we just need to go through them with you. As I recall, there is something quite specific about using a non-default alarm setting, or maybe it no longer works at all. My Android guys will know this.

Wayland

I too am interested in using non-default alarm sound for calendar events. I can successfully assign and hear non-default alarms for calendar events if I assign the sound directly to an event. I have not had any luck assigning a non-default sound via the "Settings ... Alarm Settings ... Sound and Vibrate Settings" or the custom category alarm sound. When this issue is addressed I would appreciate a pointer to the solution. Thanks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Mike,

We have a small update which should resolve the alarm volume issues. Use these steps to install:

1. Open the Play Store on the phone
    2. Search for DejaOffice and select it.
    3. Scroll down the DejaOffice App Store page and find the section about Beta and select "I'm In".

Give the phone a few moments and you should have an update available for DejaOffice (4.4.17). Once installed:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap Alarm Settings
    4. Adjust Volume (Default Alarm Tone) and Volume (Custom Alarm Tone).

Does this correct the volume issues?

Thomas,

Yes, I have had three separate custom alarm notifications, using different sounds, go off properly. I believe this is the fix. Thank you.