Thread: Serious syncing problems: Android phone -> Cloud -> DPC

Serious syncing problems: Android phone -> Cloud -> DPC

Hello,

I am going round the bend trying to get all the syncing to work, ie: to produce reliable results and data.
    Whatever I do, the data synced to the Cloud from my Samsung S6 Edge, ends up garbled on the Cloud and then of course also on DPC.
    By garbled I mean: wrong email addresses or phone numbers or addresses attributed to names.
    I am at my wits end - I believe I have tried everything, such as:

- wiping all the contacts on the Cloud, on DPC, synching with and without re-reads, turning off the native sync on the phone, etc. etc.

It's extremely frustrating, also because I don't feel confident enough to entrust all my data to syncing from/o and between all my devices (ie: main Samsung phone, Samsung Tab, Cloud, DPC).

I hope a solution can be found, because I really want to use this system.
    Thanks in advance for any feedback
    Last edited by Oyle; 03-18-2019 at 02:58 AM. Reason: I meant email addresses, not just emails
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build # 8042
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 9; One UI Version 1.0))
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.26 (1171)
    DPC Build 1164
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: Currently not selected
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Currently not selected
    DJO Sync Settings for Tasks: Both ways

After more research and trying to understand how it all works and meshes, I am wondering whether it is at all possible to have DejaCloud as the central "data repository" and to sync all the different Android devices plus DPC to and fro with this central node.
    I read in one of the setup guides (https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...nc_Setup_Guide) that "... 2) If you sync from one app to two devices using Wi-Fi Sync: DejaOffice PC CRM only supports sync to a single Wi-Fi device, so you will keep using CompanionLink."
    This seems to indicate that it is not possible, or then I have not understood correctly.
    I need enlightenment!
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build # 8042
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 9; One UI Version 1.0))
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.26 (1171)
    DPC Build 1164
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: Currently not selected
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Currently not selected
    DJO Sync Settings for Tasks: Both ways

Fixed the text. As of B8030 of CompanionLink, Wi-Fi to multiple devices is now supported.

When DejaCloud is used, it becomes the "Hub" for all the data. It is very fast and fully automatic to do it this way. I recommend DejaCloud for anyone using more than one device, because it avoids remembering to connect each device after a change is made there.