Thread: Widgets under Android 6.0

Widgets under Android 6.0

Dear Developers!

Got an issue with dejaoffice. I used it a long time then paused, because under Android 6.0 the widgets vanished. I tried it now again, but the same behaviour. Maybe you can help. I attached a screenshot.Android60.jpg

Greetings
    Ernst

Hi Ernst

Are you expecting to see a list of different widgets?

Some time ago DJO changed the way widgets are placed on home screens. When you tap and drag the 1x1 shortcut to a home screen a list pops up. This allows you to select any widget/shortcut you want.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync

Thanks Cecil for replying.

Im very busy, so it took a while to respond. Yes, I see the list, but I cant place a widget to the homescreen. The 1x1-button is like a shortcut to all the dejaoffice-parts, but i cant place a today-widget like before on the homescreen. I wanna start my phone and see a dejaoffice-widget placed on my homescreen, this doesnt work, i have to push the 1x1-button to get informations, thats why i paused to use dejaoffice. Before I had a todayscreen, placed on my homescreen, variabel, with all the informations. Im disappointed and using now a outlook-calendar widget, but dejaoffice is more flexible and showed me the birthdays and anniversaries on the homepage. Now I have to push the button to get information, very irritating and not useful, so i thougth it must be a bug .

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Hi Ernst

Are you expecting to see a list of different widgets?

Some time ago DJO changed the way widgets are placed on home screens. When you tap and drag the 1x1 shortcut to a home screen a list pops up. This allows you to select any widget/shortcut you want.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Klotz,

When you open the DejaOffice App on the phone, in the bottom left corner, what is the current build it is displaying? You mentioned you were on Android 6.0, what is the type of phone you are using? Galaxy, Droid, Sony, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Klotz,

When you open the DejaOffice App on the phone, in the bottom left corner, what is the current build it is displaying? You mentioned you were on Android 6.0, what is the type of phone you are using? Galaxy, Droid, Sony, etc?

I'm using a Kodak ektra, i am a member In the betasection, so it.must be the latest build.

Greetings

Solved, pardon. Dejaoffice was installed on a scarf, so widgets won't work. Transfered it to internal memory and all widgets are back.

Thanks for your support.

I had forgotten that you need DJOA installed on internal memory for widgets to work.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync