Thread: Reinstalled - Now Can't Find The Database

Reinstalled - Now Can't Find The Database

Deja Office started dropping Calendar appointments and also not syncing with native Android apps. Erractic.
    I decided to delete and reinstall. I renamed the clusb folder since I wanted to start from scratch. I assumed it would recreate it.

I got it reinstalled, synced, and everything looked good. But it did not create a new clusb folder. I can't back up the database if I can't find it.
    I deleted the app and renamed original clusb folder back to original. Reinstalled. The original companionlink.db has not been modified since before I deleted app the first time.

Is there another place it is stored? Another name? I have searched all over and can't find it.
    The app seems to be working OK but I need to backup.

I have Deja Office on a Sansung S7 Android Oreo. Latest version from Google Play.

Thanks
    Ric

You try installing an app like X-plore and use the search facility.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

I have an app called Solid Explorer. I did a deep search with that and only found the original companionlink.db that hasn't been modified since I reinstalled.
    I hooked phone up to Windows and searched the files that way.
    I just downloaded X-Plore. A regular search only finds the old db. If I search Archives I find this...

/sdcard/Android/data/com.lonelycatgames.Xplore/cache/temp/companionlink.db

Now I am really confused. I'm not all that technical.

This file has been modified since I reinstalled but this isn't the master db is it? Just a temp copy?
    Last edited by mrzippy55; 05-16-2019 at 06:40 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Mr Zippy,

Check here:

1. Open DejaOffice on the phone
    2. Tap the search in the top right and type: cldebug
    3. Select the Debug option that appears.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of this menu and uncheck "Local Storage for Db".
    5. Tap back twice to return to the main DejaOffice Menu and tap Exit at the bottom of the app.
    6. Reopen the app and now check the Internal Storage of the device for the CLUSB folder.

When DejaOffice gets installed, if we have a permission issue when we try to create the CLUSB folder, we place the folder in an emulated system folder to be able to still create a database. We have made some adjustments for this, which will be in our next Update to DejaOffice.