Thread: Syncing to new phone -

Syncing to new phone -

Just updated the phone from an S5 to an S10e, and I'm trying to get my data into DJO on it. The app did get transferred properly. I still need to use USB to sync for the summer, and that's been fine for the past month. The old phone had Android 6, and I have regularly been doing a USB sync with it.

I followed the instructions here to do the first sync, but CLO is not responding in the computer. One difference is that when I connected the phone to the computer with the USB cable the first time, I got a quick pop-up message about it, something like direct USB or MTP. I should have copied it but didn't. The phone is connected to the computer and I can access the files on it. I can't find any option to use it for charging, or switching between charging and file transfer. When I tap on Sync in DJO, I get the Connecting to ... message and then the Press OK when PC sync is done message, but Companion Link isn't reacting in the computer.

I really thought and hoped that this time I could get this to work. But, here I am again asking for help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Marjory

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S10e, Android 9, security patch level, May 1, 2019
    DJO 4.4.21, build 1140; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/March 2019 update, v 1903, last major update 6/20/19, last monthly update ----
    PalmDesktop 4.2

USB sync -- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

DejaOffice Team Member
    Marjory,

I have created a support ticket for this issue and sent you an email directly.

Many thanks to Thomas for his help with this! With a vastly more modern phone and operating system, I just needed a newer version of CompanionLink. He went through the process (on the landline) very patiently and all is good now. And the USB sync is so much easier now as well.

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S10e, Android 9, security patch level, May 1, 2019
    DJO 4.4.21, build 1140; CL 8038
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/March 2019 update, v 1903, last major update 6/20/19, last monthly update ----
    PalmDesktop 4.2

USB sync -- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts