Thread: New USB sync problem since DJO update

New USB sync problem since DJO update

Everything was fine until a day or 2 ago, and I suspect it's due to the recent update of DJO to build 1160. I have been completely closing Palm, CLO and DJO before each sync. Two times so far, I started the sync from DJO as usual, the first message (press OK when sync is done) popped up there, and no sync messages appeared in CLO. I'm not sure now what I did yesterday at that point, though I eventually restarted both the phone and computer, and all subsequent syncs were fine, including at least one earlier this morning. Phone and computer are completely shut down every night.

This time I walked away from it for a while, came back and nothing had happened (first message in DJO, no progress message in CLO). (If I have this exactly right) I closed CLO, then tapped OK in DJO where it was still showing the first message. Reopened CLO, it started going through the syncing messages, and got to the closing message. The changes I had recently made in Palm were not in DJO. Closed CLO again, closed DJO. Reopened DJO, and now the changes are there. I had mostly changed things in Palm, but I believe I had done a few in DJO; anyway, they seem to match now.

BTW, DJO still shows the previous sync time, 9:05 am today, while CLO shows the actual one, 11:23 am.

So, is there a recommended process to follow when it malfunctions like this, so I don't make things worse? And, is it indeed due to something that changed in the recent update?

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S10e, Android 9, security patch level, May 1, 2019; software updated June 20, 2019
    DJO 4.4.23, build 1160; CL 8038
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/March 2019 update, v 1903, last major update 6/20/19, last monthly update 7/10/19
    PalmDesktop 4.2

USB sync -- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Just checked, and you now show CLO at build 8040 - should I start by installing that? And should I use the Outlook or Palm Desktop version?

Quote Originally Posted by marjoryb98 View Post
    Just checked, and you now show CLO at build 8040 - should I start by installing that? And should I use the Outlook or Palm Desktop version?
    I did install 8040, PDT version, and at least one sync was fine so far. Fingers crossed for the next few days while away from ready access to this forum.