Thread: Deja Office encryption

Deja Office encryption

Is there any way to encrypt Deja Office data on an android device? I can encrypt it on my computer, but I'm concerned that if I lose my phone or someone hacks it they will easily have access to all the Deja Office data.

In DejaOffice for Android - go to Settings, Privacy Settings. Check the 2nd to last box - Encrypt Databas, set a pass code.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    In DejaOffice for Android - go to Settings, Privacy Settings. Check the 2nd to last box - Encrypt Database, set a pass code.
    Didn't know about that - I've just used Mask private records in both Palm and DJO, with a pass code there. If I check Encrypt, when will I have to enter the password - every time I open DJO? I do that off and on all day.

Thanks, DJOCTO, that works fine.

Encryption

Marjorie,
    I just did this and DJO has a dropdown where you can specify how long you want the database to remain open - up to 12 hours, I believe. So you can set it to stay open ll day and not have to worry about signing in every time you use DJO.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Marjory,

The Encryption Password you would need to reenter, depending what you set the Timeout too. For the Mask Private Records, you only need to enter that password when trying to view your Private Records in DejaOffice. Encryption locks your database behind a password. Privacy Password just hides records marked as Private.

Thanks - that sounds like a good idea, given the possibility of losing or having a phone stolen more easily than a computer. I'll give it a try.

1. The encryption setting says I "cannot sync using Direct USB with encryption turned on, Please select a different sync mode on the Sync Settings screen."
    So, that's out for me for the summer, while I need to use USB to sync.

2. Also I found that in Privacy and Encryption Settings, somehow Privacy Password had gotten switched to Disabled. Must have happened fairly recently, as I remember looking at a memo that is set as private a few days ago.
    I can't replicate that now - I looked at a private memo, left it set to show private in the Memos options, closed DJO, and did Close All in recent apps. When I opened DJO again, my private memos were again masked as they should be.
    I'll just keep an eye on that, to see if it happens again.

I just open the database, then do the sync.