Thread: How to move from Win 7/ Outlook 2007 to Win 10 / maybe PC CRM

How to move from Win 7/ Outlook 2007 to Win 10 / maybe PC CRM

I'm a long-term user of DejaOffice on my phone, primarily because since I am a HIPAA compliant provider, I need my patient contacts encrypted on my phone. I've been using a powerful CRM called Red Horse, which I want to continue to use, exporting filtered contacts monthly to Outlook, and then syncing with my phone.

Now I'm getting a new computer with Windows 10, and will probably not be using Outlook, since I don't want to pay a fortune for it, and I definitely cannot have my contacts in the cloud. It looks like if I used PC CRM on my desktop that I could do an Outlook style export, or CSV export, from my Red Horse CRM, to PC CRM, and then be able to sync to my phone. Am I right that PC CRM would import a CSV file? Is there anything special I would need to know about that?

If I do this, obviously I'll need to buy PC CRM, which is fine. Will my current CompanionLink work? If not, what would I need to do and/or buy?

Thanks for your help with this.

Deborah
    Deborah

CL 5040 -- not yet repurchased
    DJO 3.1.3 (651)
    Droid Turbo with Android 4.4.4
    System version 21.21.15.quark_Verizon.en.US
    Outlook 2007

DejaOffice Team Member
    Deborah,

You can definitely Import into DejaOffice PC CRM. Currently the CSV file does have to stick to some formatting to import, but we have a handy page to help. Please check the following link:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...porting_Tables

To sync with DejaOffice PC CRM it will require CompanionLink version 8, but purchasing a license of DejaOffice PC CRM does also come with a copy of CompanionLink 8 when the sync is being controlled by DPC.

Please let us know if there are any more questions.

Thank you. Just to make sure I understand how to use the template, are fields that I won't be using a single space followed by a comma, or no space at all followed by a comma? And, to end the row, assuming the final field is a blank, is that followed by a comma or not? Finally, what character will be at the end of the row? I will use Notepad++ to examine the export from my CRM to see what it looks like.
    Deborah

CL 5040 -- not yet repurchased
    DJO 3.1.3 (651)
    Droid Turbo with Android 4.4.4
    System version 21.21.15.quark_Verizon.en.US
    Outlook 2007