Thread: Modifying one instance in a recurring appointment creates duplicates after sync

Modifying one instance in a recurring appointment creates duplicates after sync

I have many recurring events in my calendar.

When I edit one in DejaOffice, I am offered the choices of editing the current instance, all instances, and future instances.

I typically modify the current instance. When I do, the instance seems to save properly.

When I sync with Outlook 2019, (the same happened with Outlook 2010 on the old PC) the sync creates a separate event on my calendar, parallel to the recurring one, but with the modifications. I now have two appointments at the same time for the same purpose, but one is still the recurring and one is the individual, modified instance.

When the sync is complete, I also have two instances in DejaCalendar.

I always thought that there was an issue with the software and Windows 7, but now, on a Windows 10 PC with a new installation of Companionlink, and all issues of syncing with DejaOfice are resolved, I still get these duplicate events on both platforms.

Is this by design, or an issue that hasn't been resolved, or is there a setting I've missed that would just break the modified instance out of the chain, as it did in years past, and keep only one modified event on that date?

BTW, when I modify a single instance of a recurring event in Outlook, and then sync, I only have one instance of the event on both platforms. It only seems to create the additional one when I modify the single instance in DejaCalendar.

Thanks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Ed,

We are currently working on this issue. I will create support ticket to inform you when I have a fix. Please check your email.

Thank you!