Thread: DJC Not Populating Caller ID, SMS

DJC Not Populating Caller ID, SMS

Oh, don't shoot me!

I just noticed that my Call Log and SMS log (I use "Yaata" on Andriod) no longer populates with the "Name" from DJC (nor the contact picture from DJC). Even if I select the "Call" or "Text" option from DJC, it doesn't work. (This includes previous texts - the names and pictures have disappeared on those as well).

I have rebooted and also deleted my Contacts and reinstalled from the Cloud.

I first noticed this around 8PM this evening. I would bet a lot of money it was fine when I checked my text messages at about 6:30 tonight. I did not sync, purge, or do anything on either my handheld or my PC between those times.

Yesterday, I wiped my DJC and reinstalled. Sunday, I bought a new PC and installed PD 4 and CL. But, again, everything was Fonzie until this evening.

I don't know what else to check:
    • Contact Settings DJO Caller ID is turned OFF (and, to my knowledge, always has been)
    • Sync Settings "Sync with Android Contacts App" is SELECTED
    • Sync Settings "Contact Account" is set to DJO
    • Sync Settings "Sync DJO contact categories to Android contact groups" is NOT selected
    • Sync Settings "Sync selected contact categories" is "All Categories"

Always open to suggestions!

Thanks!

rjb

Some more data.

This morning, I noticed some of the contacts appeared OK - that is, by name and with DJC picture. Some, not all. I tried to see if there was a pattern.

I checked the last 14 text threads I've received by people that are also in DJO.

Nine were "good", five just appeared by their number.

Of the nine that were "good", three were also in my Phone SIM Card contacts, so I'm going to ignore them for now. So that leaves six good, five bad.

I thought that maybe the number formatting had gone pear-shaped, and out of sync with how the phone company pushes the number through their network.

All 11 of those contacts are in DJC with the phone number format (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

The "good" contacts, of course, don't display their number - that's the point - but if I double-click on them, the numbers are stored in the phone in the following formats:
    • +1xxxxxxxxx
    • +1xxxxxxxxxx
    • +1xxxxxxxxxx
    • +1xxxxxxxxxx
    • +1xxxxxxxxxx
    • xxxxxxxxxx

So I thought I was seeing a pattern in the first four, but the last one screws it up.

For the "bad" contacts, there's more variability in how they're displayed:
    • xxxxxxxxxx
    • xxxxxxxxxx
    • 1xxxxxxxxxx
    • xxxxxxxxxx
    • +1 xxx-xxx-xxxx

To summarize:

+1xxxxxxxxxx - 5 good, 0 bad
    1xxxxxxxxxxx - 0 good, 1 bad
    +1 xxx-xxx-xxxx - 0 good, 1 bad
    xxxxxxxxxx - 1 good, 3 bad

Remember, on some of the bad ones, I know they were dialed/texted by clicking on the icon in DJC first.

In other words, I went to a DJ Contact, and clicked the "text" button next to (xxx) xxx-xxxx, and it went to my text screen which displayed xxxxxxxxxx.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was, if I go to my Phone Dialer and choose Contacts, I can scroll through all of my DJ Contacts there. So there is some level of integration.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Rj,

Sounds like something might be off in the Native Contact Account. Give these steps a try to reload the Native Android Contacts cleanly from DejaOffice Contacts:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap Sync Setting
    4. Scroll to the bottom, and tap the Second to last option Delete Contacts from Android Contacts app. Select DejaOffice and tap Yes\Ok.
    5. When complete, return to the main DejaOffice menu and tap "Read Android Data".

When it finishes, check the SMS and Call History. Do the Messages and Call History now associate with contacts correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    4. Scroll to the bottom, and tap the Second to last option Delete Contacts from Android Contacts app. Select DejaOffice and tap Yes\Ok.
    I feel like I tried that yesterday, but may have been scared. Actually, I did click it because it rebuilt!

[QUOTE=Thomas;20496]5. When complete, return to the main DejaOffice menu and tap "Read Android Data".[\quote]
    I know I didn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    When it finishes, check the SMS and Call History. Do the Messages and Call History now associate with contacts correctly?
    No.

But, wait! I rebooted the phone, and it looks like it's AOK!

What was interesting was, I have over 1100 contacts in PD. When I clicked on "Delete Contacts from Android", it showed exactly 700 Contacts in the DJO database. Now it shows correct.

(Yesterday it showed, I believe, 50-something.)

Thanks