Thread: Just switched to WiFi sync for the winter, do I start it from DJO or CLO?

Just switched to WiFi sync for the winter, do I start it from DJO or CLO?

As the caption says, which is the preferred way to initiate a WiFi sync? After I paired the phone and computer, CLO wanted me to start it there. That worked, but I wanted to check anyway.

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S10e, Android 9, security patch level, 10/1/19; software System Update 8, 10/29/19
    DJO 4.4.29, build 1186; CL 8040
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/March 2019 update, v 1903, last major update 6/20/19; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8, 10/25/19; last monthly update 10/25/19
    PalmDesktop 4.2

Wifi sync -- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

DejaOffice Team Member
    Marjory,

For Wifi sync you can begin the sync from either the PC or the Phone side. We do typically recommend from the Phone side as if the IP address changes the PC will automatically pickup this change easier when started from DejaOffice.

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. So far it has worked fine from DJO.

Here's a separate issue - I had some notes that this happened last year when I changed to wifi, and it happened again this year. After the first wifi sync, quite a few items were duplicated, in all four sections (Memos, etc) - the same ones happened in both Palm and DJO. I deleted some yesterday and those were all right. This morning I noticed some more duplicates, and used Palm's nice little add-on that searches for them. Then Find in Palm worked quite quickly after its initial reading of everything. I deleted the duplicates and did another wifi sync - and all seems fine now. There was no obvious pattern to the ones it happened to - some items I might have edited recently, others were contacts and memos that I hadn't even looked at for a long time.

But, for future reference - what if anything can I do on that first wifi sync to prevent it from happening again? I did copy off the clusb folder from the phone before the sync in case I needed it, but didn't think reinstalling it would help at that point.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Marjory,

Just to clarify, did you switch sync methods again when this occurred or was this just a normal sync and you found that some memos duplicated?