Thread: How to restore DJOA database?

How to restore DJOA database?

Within DJOA there is an option in the settings, under Logging and Support, to back up the database, optionally including the database, contact pictures, and attachments.

What is the procedure to restore all these items, in the event of a clean reinstall of DJOA on the device?

Thanks,

Jeff

DejaOffice Team Member
    Jeff,

This guide should help out:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...droid_database

Thanks Thomas! Additional clarification ...

The guide does not mention it, but if I selected all the options when doing a backup, can I assume I should also copy all the following from the resulting ZIP file to the clusb folder?

- Attachments folder
    - ContactPictures folder
    - alarms.db
    - alarms.db-journal
    - companionlink.db (covered in the guide)
    - companionlink.db-journal

Also, does a backup save all the user customized settings (from the settings menus)?

An eventual goal of mine is to "clone" my DJOA configuration to a new replacement tablet when I get it.

Jeff

DejaOffice Team Member
    Jeff,

When selecting the Backup Database option in DejaOffice, there are extra check boxes for what to backup along with the database. IE attachments and Contact Picture. The backup will restore user settings. The alarms.db is something that is generated when we had the device alarms to ring, this will automatically repopulate when you open DejaOffice using the backup on the tablet.

Just to note using the "Making a Backup from a PC" steps in the following guide, you can also copy (don't move) the entire CLUSB folder from the current device and replace the CLUSB folder on the tablet after installing DejaOffice:

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...ffice_database

Thanks!

Jeff