Am in the market for my 1st smartphone and was set on a Droid until I was told I had to give all my accounts and contact info to the mysterious Google cloud. This is my private information, not Google's. Your software and the USB sync to Palm desktop appear to be the fix. However, the Palm software has one major flaw for a business user that I have had to manufacture a work around for years - the inablility to process contacts as a subset of a business name. I have about 500 accounts (companies), each with 1-10 people that I deal with, each with their own contact information at the account (company provided cell phone, company email address, etc.). Current available software makes the individual contact the focal point rather than the business. This is unusable for all practical purposes in today's business climate with takeovers and consolidation leading to more and more national and regional chains than individual business. Consider the following examples.

Scenario 1: I call on 156 Lowe's stores with an average of 5 contacts each. Enter 750-800 of these contacts all with a company name of Lowe's. You need to call the Lowe's store in Richmond, VA and speak with whoever is running the flooring department today/this week/this month whose name you can't remember. Find that using a sort by company name - it ain't gonna happen.

Scenario 2: I'm going to Richmond, VA in two weeks and want to set up my appointments. I want to look at my prospects in Richmond, my current accounts in Richmond, and maybe a couple of architects/engineers to perhaps generate some product specifications on future projects. So I scroll through all 2500 contacts to see which ones are in Richmond (yes, I would know the business name of current customers - but if it were a national or reginal chain with numerous locations, see scenario 1).

What is needed in business contact managment software is company selection. You have a company first, and under that are all of the contacts that work there. You should be able to sort by company name, city/st, contact last name, and contact first name. One could then plan his trip to Richmond by sorting on city name, and all the companies (not individual contacts) in Richmond are displayed. Tap/click on the company, and there are the individual contacts for that company. You should also have a display mode that shows business name-city/state name (Lowes - Richmond, VA) in addition to business name/last name and lastname/first name. Is there any hope for this arrangement of data? I can't be the only person that has this issue.

I'm also going to throw in a question - is there a limit to the number of categories allowed?