Thread: Will the next version finally bring us appointsments WITHOUT alerts?

Angry Will the next version finally bring us appointsments WITHOUT alerts?

I frequently use appointsments or all-day-events WITHOUT alerts as reminders (e.g. for birthdays or other things that happen that day which I should think of somewhen during that day, but where there is no need to actually have an alarm set).

Nevertheless, these no-alert appointsments trigger an alert in the current version (1.7.4) of DejaOffice (even though the selection reads "no alarm"!) and that is SO annoying, esp. all-day-events, which go off at midnight where I am often already in bed and asleep. And not only do these alarms go off although they shouldn't, they also need to be acknowledged and dismissed or else they will keep reoccuring in certain intervals (usually every hour but sometimes even that differs).

I can't tell you how often I have already been woken up by these stupid alerts and felt "that's enough" and decided to delete your app. If DejaOffice wasn't the best (or let's say: the only somewhat acceptable) Outlook-syncing app for Android, I would long have been erased from my device just for that very reason!

Is there some hope for SILENT nights ahead of us?

Michael
    HTC Desire (Android v2.2 / Froyo)

The end of daylight saving time (where I had entered a (silent!) marker at 3 o'clock into my calendar) brought another wakeup during yesterday night!
    WHEN WILL THIS #@!&@%$#! BUG BE FIXED?
    HTC Desire (Android v2.2 / Froyo)