Closed Thread

Thread: Sync to Android contacts wipes out all contacts??

Sync to Android contacts wipes out all contacts??

I downloaded the CL Express eval and the most recent DejaOffice to my Droid, and I'm off to a bad start here: i want DejaOffice to start off with my android contact list, so I checked "sync with android contacts" in the settings, and pushed the "Read Android Data" icon. But instead of moving my android contact list to DejaContacts, the app decided to delete my android contacts. How does this make any sense?? I mean, it technically sync'ed the two, since DejaContacts was blank to begin with... how do I fix this?

Here is what I actually did:
    - Installed CL Express on my PC, and set it up to sync Lotus Notes
    - Sync'ed Droid to PC. Contacts list on PC was empty. I set the phone to "purge and reload"
    - Told DejaOffice to read Android contact data.

I went ahead and backed up my contacts to a CSV file, since next time my phone syncs its contacts with the Google cloud I expect it may erase those as well.

Ivan

DejaOffice Team Member
    Welcome to the forums, Ivan! I'm sorry to hear about your contacts. A "purge and reload" sync purges the DejaOffice/Android data, not the PC data, which explains why your contacts were deleted (actually, the "reload" part of the sync reloads your contacts, but because your Lotus Notes had no contacts, there was nothing to reload). I'm glad you have a backup! You can import your contacts into Google, wait for Google to sync with your phone, then run another sync from the PC, but this time without the purge and reload option. This will bring your contacts into Lotus Notes.

Eric,

Thanks for the response. After a restore and a couple more syncs, I have my contacts as I want them, basically mirrored across Notes, Android, and Gmail.

Every once in a while the sync seems to take longer (3 or 4 minutes total), in those cases the phone seems to hang out at the "Reading Contacts (x%)" message for quite a while. Is this when the app is syncing to the Android contact list?

Thanks,

I

DejaOffice Team Member
    Ivan, you got it. When you see "Reading Contacts (x%)", DejaOffice is syncing to the Android native contact list.

Closed Thread