Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iphone Dejaoffice Contacts not sorted

Iphone Dejaoffice Contacts not sorted

There are a number of problems, that I am having :
    1. When I change a field of a contact from the regular Iphone Contact appl., e.g. I have an entry ' ALEX ' stored as First Name and change it as Last Name with the same content, this change is not shown in the Dejaoffice.
    If I go into the Contacts settings and perform a ' Rescan Contacts Database ', first I get no results, but also this program shows that it never ends (the blue color keeps on being blue, and does not change).
    2. While in the original Iphone Contacts appl., all my contacts are shown correctly (shorted by last name / first name ) , when running respectively your appl. ( sorted by last name), my contacts are not shown sorted !!!
    3. When changing a category e.g from ' FRIENDS ' to ' FRIENDS - FAMILY ', the category does not get changed, but it gets added.
    So now we have two categories than one, and if you want to eliminate one of the two, you cannot do it.
    Thanks for your patience, and I would appreciate your help.

We will look into these issues. I will reply further soon.

Any news, please ... ?

We looked into this. iPhone 4 is multitasking. So when you make changes to the native Contact application, and DejaOffice is already running, your changes are not reflected. You can exit DejaOffice and restart it, and that should fix the display.

People aren't used to multi-tasking phones. IOS 4.0 and Android are the first cases of it. We're working to refresh the display, but the OS options aren't as mature as with Windows which has been multitasking for almost 20 years.

Thanks for your answer. I checked it out and you are right.
    However your answer is related only to the first part of my problem No. 1.
    The "rescan procedure" as I stated in the second part of my problem No.1 does it work, and when do you apply it ?
    What about No. 2 and No. 3 ?
    Your cooperation will be appreciated, because e.g I cannot have Deja show my contacts not sorted (No.2) ... etc., and hence the application remains useless for me.

As for #3, the entire Groups/Categories logic will change in 1.1.4. There are some problems we find with iOS Groups, so we may need to eliminate that relationship.

For #2, when you change the sort to Company, and then back, does it re-sort the contacts? The SQL Query definitely has a sort order. The question is; what field is it using to designate the order.

As for #3, if you intend to eliminate completely the assigning of categories to the contacts, I wouldn' t like to see it happening ; I find your contacts application very nice and probably, is the only one that I myself know that you can assign categories to the contacts.
    Well anyhow, problem #3 is not so tragic to have it, as it is now.

For #2, I change the sorting to Company - the database is suffled - and when I apply sorting to last name, it changes back to what it was before, but of course remains unsorted ( with the standards of the Iphone Contact Application).
    I have one question - suggestion.
    The original Iphone contacts are sorted by LAST NAME / FIRST NAME and yours is only by LAST NAME. Would this be probably be the problem ?
    When you guys sort on COMPANY, do you also sort by any other secondary field ? If not, shouldn' t you ??

If I can be of any further assistance, I am at your disposal.
    Last edited by george759; 12-02-2010 at 11:49 AM.

After examining your application, I found out the following, that they could probably will help you out.
    I worked with ' sorting by last name ' :
    The contact database does not show sorted, when the category chosen is 'All Categories'.
    When choosing anyother category, the database looks being sorted, but with a major difference from when running the Original Iphone Contact Application.
    The difference is that if you have with only first name - the last name being blank -, your appl. displays these contacts (sorted among themselves) before the contacts that have non-blank last names.
    These contacts in the original Iphone appl., are shown all-together, ie. the contact with first name ' Steve ' and no last name is displayed after ' Smith John ' , which I believe is much more practical.

As far as the sorting by ' Company ', I think it is quite a mess, and i didn' t try anything.

We will look at this in the context of our pending release of 1.1.4. I think we can resolve it there.

Deja Office Contacts not sorting

Quote Originally Posted by george759 View Post
    There are a number of problems, that I am having :
    1. When I change a field of a contact from the regular Iphone Contact appl., e.g. I have an entry ' ALEX ' stored as First Name and change it as Last Name with the same content, this change is not shown in the Dejaoffice.
    If I go into the Contacts settings and perform a ' Rescan Contacts Database ', first I get no results, but also this program shows that it never ends (the blue color keeps on being blue, and does not change).
    2. While in the original Iphone Contacts appl., all my contacts are shown correctly (shorted by last name / first name ) , when running respectively your appl. ( sorted by last name), my contacts are not shown sorted !!!
    3. When changing a category e.g from ' FRIENDS ' to ' FRIENDS - FAMILY ', the category does not get changed, but it gets added.
    So now we have two categories than one, and if you want to eliminate one of the two, you cannot do it.
    Thanks for your patience, and I would appreciate your help.
    I'm having the same issue. My Deja Contacts will sort just fine by first name but when sorted by last name, the first names of individuals are not sorted alphabetically. In my Jones list, mine sorted like G.W, followed by Angie... not good