Thread: Losing Calendar data when USB syncing to Palm Desktop

Losing Calendar data when USB syncing to Palm Desktop

I've just updated Droid X to the current version of DejaOffice, and updated my pc (Windows XP) to the latest version of Companionlink (not the beta).

When USB syncing, Palm Desktop lost its Calendar data but Contacts, Notes and Tasks synced properly.

All Calendar data is in the Droid X. Sync to native Android Calendar and Contacts settings are turned on.

If Companionlink is set for a one-way sync of Calendar data from the Droid X to Palm, the data transferred is incomplete (roughly one-sixth of the data is present in Palm after a sync).

Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions or solutions?

Boba fett, welcome to the forum.

CompanionLink automatically makes a backup of the Palm data before synchronizing. Let's start by restoring from the backup so that your PC shows the full data set. Please email support@dejaoffice.com and I will send information on how to restore the Palm Desktop data file.

Also on Droid X, be sure your Google Sync is turned off. This is the type of problem that comes from shipping all your data to Google while the PC is synchronizing.

No luck...

The backup of the Palm calendar data was found where you indicated, but re-importing it into Palm Desktop doesn't solve the Sync issue.

I've double-checked that the 'sync to android' settings on the Droid X are both turned off.

When I launch a sync from the Droid X the calendar data within the phone is not appearing in Palm Desktop's calendar. But the Palm data (which I re-imported at your suggestion) was transferred to the phone, resulting in duplicates of many calendar events.

I've also had a couple of sync attempts where it doesn't even appear to be reading the calendar data from the phone... the Companionlink Sync window appears on the pc and indicates that it is reading Tasks data from the phone, then it indicates that the sync is complete. This is finishing up way too quickly compared to previous syncs that were successful.

These problems began after updating the DejaOffice app to version 1.8.3 and updating Companionlink to the Palm/Pimlical 4.0 version (build 4024). Prior to these updates, all syncing worked perfectly between the Droid X and Palm Desktop.

I still have the .exe file for the previous version of Companionlink (that is, the version which seemed to work fine)... should I uninstall the updated version and reinstall from the .exe?

Please help me resolve this as quickly as possible.

I have seen other reports of a possible issue with USB Sync in DejaOffice 1.8.3.

You may want to roll back to the prior release 1.7.4 from this page.
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/notes.html