Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: default alarm in calendar

Thomas, Have you been able to get anywhere with this problem yet? Cheers, Steve

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcC View Post
    Thomas, Have you been able to get anywhere with this problem yet? Cheers, Steve
    Should work in 1.10.7.

1. Launch DejaOffice and then Settings.
    2. DejaOffice Alarms and tap Default Alarm.
    3. From there you can select from a list of options including 15 minutes.

I hope this helps.

Thomas, Just tried 1.10.7. Still have the same problem of, no matter what I set Default Alarm to (as above), when I create a new item under Calendar, the Alarm field still says "No Alarm"

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas, Just tried 1.10.7. Still have the same problem of, no matter what I set Default Alarm to (as above), when I create a new item under Calendar, the Alarm field still says "No Alarm"
    I am sorry that is happening. I do not have a dell streak to try and reproduce this behavior with. O f course the expected behavior is when you set the default alarm setting then is is part of the Calendar event when a new one is created.

Just to be perfectly clear, you are creating an event using DejaCal correct? I am pretty sure you are but want to make sure. The setting only affect applications in DejaOffice. Other Calendar applications would not be affected.

Yep, just doing this in DejaCal. If there's anythimg else you want me to try, let me know.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Yep, just doing this in DejaCal. If there's anythimg else you want me to try, let me know.
    I would love to know if this is happening in 10.1.8 on your Dell device. Also, are you in Tablet mode? You can check that in the settings under General Settings. I am curious if that setting affects how the Calendar responds.

Ok. I was running in Tablet mode. Unticked that option and Alarm for new items now comes up as 15 mins (as set in Settings)! What does Tablet mode do? Trying to decide if I should leave it in non-tablet mode for now

I initially tried this in 10.1.8 a few weeks ago and had the same problem. I haven't gone back to 10.1.8 from 10.1.7, though, to see if non-tablet mode works also in 10.1.8

DejaOffice Team Member
    Ok. I was running in Tablet mode. Unticked that option and Alarm for new items now comes up as 15 mins (as set in Settings)! What does Tablet mode do? Trying to decide if I should leave it in non-tablet mode for now

I initially tried this in 10.1.8 a few weeks ago and had the same problem. I haven't gone back to 10.1.8 from 10.1.7, though, to see if non-tablet mode works also in 10.1.8
    Hi Steve,

Tablet mode is a feature of DejaOffice to allow the application to take advantage of the larger real estate Tablet devices use. If default alarm times are important to you I would stay out of tablet mode for the time being. I will report this issue to the dev department right away. We are very interested in getting these kinds of bugs fixed and cleaned up.

DejaOffice Team Member

Steve,

I do not have a Dell Streak to work with so I need the OS version you are using.

THomas, I'm using Android 2.2. Steve