Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting started on Incredible

Answer to above question?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Martin! Yes, you can use just the DejaContacts; the contacts don't need to be in the Android contact list as well. To answer a question you had earlier, your Outlook contact fields (including User Fields 1-4) should sync over to your Incredible. However, if you need to sync custom fields, or want to change how the fields are syncing, you might want to try the "Field Mapping" options in CompanionLink Express (we plan to add these advanced field mapping options to CompanionLink USB in the future).

Contacts in DejaOffice work great.

However, they aren't integrated into certain other parts of Android. For instance, and incoming call doesn't incorporate "DejaContacts". Neither does the call log on the dialer. When you launch an SMS or Email, it doesn't bring DejaOffice Contacts into the pick list.

OTOH, you CAN Dial from DejaContacts. You can SMS and Email fine from there. So it's more the incoming functions that are lacking.

We'll be working on that.

I can't wait to share our update with you all. On MY (pre-release) update, what I can do on DejaContacts is to pick a Contact and View it, then tap and hold, and create an event or task which is automatically linked to the contact. It also gets the category from the contact. It is a beautiful thing to behold. I hope to share it in just a couple days.

DejaOffice Team Member
    FYI, we have just added field mapping options to CompanionLink USB, so you'll be able to map your custom/miscellaneous Outlook fields to your Android. You can get the update at www.companionlink.com/support/updates.html

Does that mean when I sync my misc and custom fields they will end up in dejoffice contacts?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Martin, CompanionLink can sync your miscellaneous fields to your DejaOffice contacts. There are 10 "slots" for this (User Fields 1-10). CompanionLink can also sync custom Outlook fields (fields that you created) for BCM contacts (contacts created using Outlook with Business Contact Manager). Syncing custom fields for regular Outlook contacts is not supported at this time. I hope this information helps.