Thread: Sync the Contacts in Android Phone with Palm Desktop

Question Sync the Contacts in Android Phone with Palm Desktop

I am using HTC Desire G7, just bought CLUSB. I sync my Palm Desktop with DejaOffice notes and badly want to sync Palm Desktop contacts with Android native contacts via CLUSB. I don't sync calendar via CLUSB as I am happy with the Google Calendar Sync which can sync my outlook calendar with my Android Calendar via Google account. But I have to rely on DejaOffice which allows me continue to use Palm Desktop managing the notes and contacts at PC end.

The current CLUSB can only sync my "Google Account Contacts" in my Android phone with Palm Desktop, no option for local Android Phone contact. As the Google account contact does not well support the "group" or "category" of contact, I gave up using Google account for contacts instead I am storing all my contacts in the Phone, I need the CLUSB to be able to sync my contacts in the phone with my PC Palmdesktop thus I can manage and edit the contacts via Palm Desktop. That's very very important to me as I've been using Palm for 9 years, hope you can enable this founction ASAP.

I have over 2000 contacts, to manage/edit/search the contacts in Android is not efficient, the cloud Google and the other 3rd party Androild desktop which offers on-line control of Android database via USB do not fit my needs. I must have a PC desktop application to manage the contacts on a off-line basis. As I have been using Palm for more than 10 years, I am very happy with it and will continue to use it. I really hope CompanionLink can provide a solution for my case.

Many many thanks.

Just to avoid confusion, the DejaOffice offers the conduit to sync Android native contacts in "Google Account", but no option for antive contact in "Phone". Even worse, when I perform a "Read Android Data", it clears all my contacts and categories in the "Phone" and creates the contacts coming from DejoOffice into the my Android native "Google Account" contact but losing all categories or groups, that's terrible and it's also very confusing as the DejaOffice does not have the option for "Phone" why it empties the contacts in the "Phone"???

My intent is to establish the sync between my native Android contact in the "Phone" (not the "Google Account") and the Palm Desktop, the Google Account contact does not work for me as it does not support category/group concept.

Same problem here. I want to sync "Android native contacts" with Outlook. Syncing to Google Account works, but this is not what I want.
    Can CLUSB handle "Android native contacts"?

Any hint would be helpful.
    Last edited by deja; 01-10-2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Typo fixed

check your djo sync settings.

Quote Originally Posted by whydoyoucare View Post
    check your djo sync settings.
    Checked many many times from CLUSB to the current DejaOffice, there is no sync option for native Android "Phone" contact.