Closed Thread

Thread: syncing all contact fields with outlook

syncing all contact fields with outlook

hi I am thinking of buying this product simply to sync contacts from exchange onto my htc desire.

I want 2 fields , spouse and children.

I have synced the phone using a usb cable and all the contacts came accross.

However the spouse field and the children field are blank. how do i udpdate the sync wizard to include this information .

thanks for your help

You also sent this to DJO Email and a response was sent to you. If you post on forums, don't email or vice versa, as this means our resources are being spent on responding to your requests rather than improving the product.

For the rest of us, what is the answer?

Please post answer here for the rest of us so we do not have to resubmit the question.
    Thanks

Since we have not heard from the Deja team on this, I decided to play with it over the weekend and was finally was able to make this work.
    My phone is a new MyTouch4G so I had nothing to lose in the way of data on the phone.
    I would recommend backing up your Outlook PST folder before beginning, just in case something goes awry.
    Here are the settings I used on the CompanionLink App:
    1) Sync Android via USB (previously I was using WiFi) (not sure if this matters other than USB will be faster during a purge and reload)
    2) CompanionLink->Outlook Settings ->Applications:
    a) For each app, set "Outlook to Android" and "Purge and Reload Contacts"
    b) Set "Outlook" as the primary database.
    Note: because you are doing a purge and reload, I would suggest using USB for sync and toggle CompanionLink Logging to off using the keyboard shortcut (Shift Ctrl L). This will improve the performance.
    Last edited by DejaUserKen; 01-03-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Closed Thread