Closed Thread

Thread: Feature Wish List

Feature Wish List

Hello,

after using DJO for about three weeks I have a few features that could enhance the product:

1. Contact List:
    For long family names and primary phone numbers, no first name is displayed in the contact list. Having several contacts with the same family name it is by chance to select the right one.

2. Category selection:
    In the list to assign categories to a task, event,... the lines (boxes for each categories) are very large, i.e. I can see only few categories on one screen. It would be nice to have the option to select "business size". The list for editing categories is fine.

3. Synchronizing with Outlook
    If an entry is modified on both sides, it seems that the Android version overwrites the Outlook version. Modifications done in Outlook are lost. It would be better to duplicate the entry on both sides (as it is done in Palm Desktop).

4. I would also support a few other features already on the todo list:
    - improved date selector
    - today widget
    - integration with dialer, to display names from the DJO contacts for incoming calls

Regards
    MvS

Travel reminders would be a great help in the calendar side. It makes it easier to have reminders kick off to allow you to set travel times seperate from actual meetings times

add pop calendar when selecting date as option instead of number selector

Integrate with phone dialer instead of being a separate dialer. The fasinate is okay but lacks the buzzers and bells I need to track my work. I need to keep track of all phone calls, SMS, MMS per contact and sync it to Outlook for billing time

G’day,

I have just started using your DejaOffice (1.9.8) software on my new Android phone (LG Optimus One). It is great (the phone and your software). I am a GTD fan and like the tasks particularly. A couple of suggestions though:
    1. The Calendar and Today shortcuts stored change their names after I shut down and re-start the phone. When I first store them, the calendar icon has a title of DejaCalendar, but after a shut-down it changes to DejaOffice. The same goes for DejaToday. The icons stay the same, but the title changes. CL Tasks and CL Notes are fine (correct title and icon).
    2. Calendar reminder durations – The pre-defined reminder times are quite useful, for tasks. However, I often use a task reminder of two or four weeks or something else. It would be great if, in addition to the current reminder durations (none to one week), it was possible to select a custom duration. Ideally this would allow selection of a duration type (eg. hours, days) and a number. Currently, this information is stored in Outlook, and should really be preserved and editable in DejaOffice.
    3. Tasks – If I set a reminder (date and time) for a task, how can I then delete it, so it has no reminder? It would be good to have a Clear option, to remove the Task reminder.
    4. Tasks – As a part of a daily or weekly task review, I find it useful to display only the completed tasks. This allows me to celebrate my achievements. I note the option to show completed tasks. It would also be useful to have the option to show incomplete tasks (default on), so I can ONLY show tasks that have been completed.

Russ

Also, it is possible to set a meeting to run from 6pm to 2pm the same day (in version 1.9.8). I had a 2pm appointment. I then wanted to change it to 6pm. I changed the From time in DJ Cal to 6pm, but the To time stayed as 2pm. I would suggest that a check be made to ensure that the To time is >= the From time.

Russ

Cool

Sorry, regarding my previous comment, this applies when the From and To times are the same, before I start changing them. If I have a 2 to 3pm appointment and change it to 6 to 7pm, the To time changes to preserve the one hour duration. However, if I have a 2pm to 2pm appointment, then change the From time to 6pm, the To time stays as 2pm. It should automatically be changed to 6pm as well.

Merry Christmas,

Russ

A way to get search fuction for phones that don'thave a search button in keyboard

I wish there was a search button on the home screen so that I could activate a search function and use it to search the calendar...

Quote Originally Posted by 82788 View Post
    I wish there was a search button on the home screen so that I could activate a search function and use it to search the calendar...
    On the DejaOffice home screen, press and hold your Menu button. This will bring up the keyboard and the search box.

Closed Thread