Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DejaTasks - Task alarms for Android?

DejaTasks - Task alarms for Android?

Hello. I'm a new android user (HTC EVO 4G) coming over from a WinMo 6.5 phone. I was very glad to find your software because I'm an Outlook user who uses pretty much all of the features in Outlook and needed a USB sync solution to keep me going. I'm currently using your software during the trial period and so far I am very impressed. My question is about task alarms for DejaTasks. All of my task information seems to be in DejaTasks (including the alarm times), but when an alarm time is reached I don't get hear an audible alarm or receive any sort of notification on my EVO. I believe that one of the sticky posts at the top of this forum says that task reminders were implemented in the 5/20 time range so I'm guessing that I don't have my phone configured properly to receive these notifications. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this feature to work properly? Thanks!
    Last edited by jeromelw; 06-05-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Answered my original question by looking in a forum sticky post so I needed to edit this post to ask a different question.

Jerome, welcome to the Forum.

I've posted your question to Eric my tech, and he'll answer early in the week.

In general, Android Notifications are pretty arcane. Please check both our Calendar Settings, Task Settings and also the Android Settings to be sure you have both a Tone and/or Vibrate for your notifications. My recollections when my Nexus One was new was that it took me a week to find the setting that finally made tones.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Jerome! We've tested this on our EVO, and found the alarms are not ringing/vibrating. We'll get this fixed in a future update of DejaOffice. However, we did at least get the notification in the EVO's notification bar. When you have a DejaOffice notification, you should see a small DejaOffice icon in the EVO's notification bar at the top of the screen. You should be able to swipe this down to see the details of the notification.

This should be fixed with DejaOffice 1.5 released today. Please check it.

Quote Originally Posted by CLCTO View Post
    This should be fixed with DejaOffice 1.5 released today. Please check it.
    Hello.

I downloaded the new 1.5 release last night and did a 'Purge and Reload' of my Outlook data, but this morning none of my tasks triggered any sort of notification when their alarm times were reached. I looked in DejaTasks and they all have the little alarm icon associated with them, but I'm just not being notified at all (not even in the notifications bar like Eric mentioned he saw on his EVO). Perhaps my task settings aren't properly configured as I am able to receive calendar alarms/notifications. I'm not really sure where to go from here so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Jerome, try making a new task in DJO with an alarm in 5 minutes. See if that rings.

No joy. I made a new task in DJO and it did not trigger any sort of notification (ringing or otherwise).

DejaOffice Team Member
    I wonder if the alarms you are getting for your calendar events are from the native Android calendar. Try this: in DejaOffice go to Settings>Calendar Settings, and put a check in "Ring Alarms" and also "Vibrate" and/or "Play Sound". Then see if you get your task alarms.

Eric,

I went into the Android calendar settings and turned off all notifications. I then made sure that DejaCalendar notifications were turned on (just like you described) and I created a new calendar entry (non-recurring) and set it up to alarm at a certain time. Sure enough, at the appropriate time, it notified me as expected (notification bar and ringing). I then created a new task in DejaTasks and set it up to alarm at a certain time and it did not generate any notifications whatsoever. DejaCalendar consistently triggers notifications for me and DejaTasks consistently does not.

Jerome

If one works and the other doesn't then it's just a technical issue. We have an evo inhouse. We are due to release a small bugfix update on Friday. I'll work to see if we can get this figured out. Thanks Jerome for the notes.

Closed Thread