Thread: Changed dialer functionality I would love changed back

Changed dialer functionality I would love changed back

Hi. Long time user of Deja Office and Companion link. Currently doing USB sync with my Epic 4g to Outlook 2003 running on Windows 7. Using most updated version of all software.

I have one request though... In a recent update of Deja Office you changed the way phone numbers are sent to the dialer (at least on the Epic). Previously, when looking at a contact, you pressed the phone number itself and a small window came up asking whether you wanted to call or sms the number. If you chose call, the program would pass the number to the dialer program but NOT DIAL IT. Now there is a phone icon to the right of the number and a little guy with a flag to the left (not sure how that is supposed to relate to texting but that's what it does). When you press the phone button, the number is passed to the dialer and immediately starts dialing it.

The problem for me, is that, like a lot of former palm users, my outlook phone fields are filled with alphabetic text explaining the number. For example, a number might read "888-888-8888 home use after 6 pm". With the old version of companion link those letters would be passed to the dialer, changed to corresponding keypad letters, but because they weren't actually dialed, I could press the delete key to get rid of them and then dial the number. (In all the old palm OS versions, alpha characters were simply ignored by the dialer). Now, they are all passed to the dialer and actually dialed, resulting in failed calls.

So my question is whether there is a way to put this back as an option, or at least have an option to ignore alpha characters in the phone field. By the way, yes, I know I could edit the phone numbers in Outlook, but first, I lose this information, and second I have well over 1000 contacts with multiple phone numbers and I do not want to face doing this. Can't we just have it the way it was before? Or set an option to ignore alpha characters? Thanks for considering this.

We made the change to fulfill numerous requests here on the forums and via email to drop a screen tap for dialing.

We can make a control for this.

That will be great !

Thanks. Just downloaded the 1.10.0 beta and it is not in there yet. Soon?