Thread: German language

German language

Since update to version 1.9.8 the DJO-GUI appears in German. Because the translation into German is quite bad, parts of the GUI are hard to understand.

Is it possible, to switch to the english GUI?
    Last edited by Phileas; 12-21-2010 at 05:14 AM.

In fact, the German translation is catastrophic, in parts there are (only) spelling mistakes, but often false or nonsensical words and bad abbreviations. In addition, for the dates the order is wrong: instead of eg "Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2010" there is "Dienstag, 2010 Dezember 21" (i.e. a mixture of German words with English order). In some places there is the "old" (should be fixed since 1.8.2) error that instead of the day of the week a number is shown: in a calendar event changing the date in the "from" or "to" button, this shows "3, 2010 12 21" instead of "Dienstag, 21.12.2010" or "Di., 21.12.2010".

Here, it is necessary that:
    1. you can choose the language by yourself (better to read correct English than catastrophic German)
    2. a "real" native speaker, will correct the German translation, so that DJO becomes usable for German users.

but the question is: how to change the language?
    Alternative A: Settings - but I can't find anything in the general settings
    Alternative B: Deinstallation and Re-Installation - doesn't work either. No matter if I download from Android Market or from Web Browser, somehow my device (SonyEricsson X10) remembers that I once installed in German and doesn't show the language setup again.

I have the same request. The german translation is a shame for a professional and quite expensive program.
    At least it should be possible to switch back to English.

The German translation really needs fixing before I can show and recommend DJO to anybody else.
    They would laugh at me that I paid $40 bucks for this embarrasing translation.

It simply cannot be serious to deliver such a thing and call it a translation, it's smply a very bad joke. Please switch it completely off and give us an option to switch the user interface to english instead!
    In many cases you simply cannot understand what's meant by the used expressions.
    Last edited by nicky; 01-15-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Hi, I was asked to help those american guys. I'll work on the translation, but it's much more than expected so it will take some time.
    Concerning the ability to choose the language: this will come as well (or perhaps it is already implemented in the latest release)

In the latest (beta-)version 1.10.x the german translation is much better. Thanks for that!

Translation is better now, but not yet implemented everywhere and with some mistakes.

Also the date format is not correct in every situation, for example:
    Donnerstag, 2011 Februar 17 is wrong, it should be:
    Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011

This should be corrected soon, thank you in advance!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    Translation is better now, but not yet implemented everywhere and with some mistakes.

Also the date format is not correct in every situation, for example:
    Donnerstag, 2011 Februar 17 is wrong, it should be:
    Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011

This should be corrected soon, thank you in advance!
    This is a known issue.
    We are still working on the Calendar format. So expect updates for this in future builds.