Thread: DJO triggers "Updating Android Contacts" for no reasons

Question DJO triggers "Updating Android Contacts" for no reasons

Hi,

I have upgraded from DJO 1.9.4 to 1.9.8 and from CLP 4.0.4024 to CLP 4.0.4026.
    Now, the message "Updating Android Contacts" appears very very often, not all times, taking several minutes to update the Android contacts database even if I do not modify at all those contacts for days, when I plug the USB for syncing.

That appears perhaps because of the latest modifications : DejaOffice v1.9.8 (12/15/2010)
    -added support for the "Phone" account for many devices
    -increased speed when switching between calendar views
    -fixed an issue where "Read Android Data" would sometimes overwrite the Android contacts app

Do other users have found the same issue ?

Regards

XP FR / Outlook 2007 / DJO 1.9.8 + CLP 4.0.4026 paid license / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.2 / Settings = 30 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google sync

Yes, annoyingly this seems to happen quite often and takes some 10 minutes to complete the update.

Exactly, really too often compared to the nearest perfection of DJO 1.9.4 and preceding versions, and 5-10 minutes to complete the update...

same here - also takes a long time to complete

Always true for me with a 15 minutes to complete one time. As it was not existing with DJO 1.9.4, this surely should be a new issue coming directly from DJO 1.9.8, then I'm not anxious with the correction that shall be easy to undertake for next version ; I hope...

Yes, happens unexpectedly and takes many minutes to complete. I thought it was the option "Synch DJO contact categories to Android contact groups" but that is off and it still happens (but NOT every time I synch (with Companionlink for Palm), which I do between once and twice a day.

Strangely, after some days without touching the contacts, the syncing has taken 10 minutes with the Android contacts (?), but, just after, I have modified a contact in Outlook, and, the syncing process was almost instantaneous with the right modifications inside the Android native contacts !!! That means DJO application knows how to quickly sync modifications to the native Android contacts. The 10+ minutes new syncing behavior remains a mystery to me...

I have deleted the clusb folder to start anew, but the issue is here again : the Android Native Contacts database is fully synced too often even if no modifications happened and it takes more than 10 minutes to complete...
    Last edited by laurentdjo; 01-04-2011 at 03:20 AM.