Closed Thread

Thread: Trying to understand notifications/alarms

Question Trying to understand notifications/alarms

What I seem to be finding is that DJO (on a new Galaxy S) must be running at all times if I want an alarm for an appointment to sound. If I set it up and keep DJO running the alarm goes off and wakes up my machine. If DJO is not running on my Galaxy it does not go off until I open the DJO app. Is this how it is intended? Do I need to change some settings somewhere? I thought I read somewhere that since DJO uses the inherent Android notification system that DJO did not have to be running for the alarm to sound. It seems to me that this is wrong, though it would be a worthy gold. I loved the way my Palm alarms worked, hope to see that in DJO.

Thanks

We have this Problem too! We need a solution for this bug!
    Thx, Andreas

Are you running a task killer/manager by any chance? If so, you will need to make sure that the DejaOffice application is on the "Ignore" list. I had this issue when I first started using Advanced Task Manager a while back where it would continually kill the DJO application running in the background and therefore suppress any alerts I had configured. Once I put DJO on the Ignore list everything worked fine.

How can I put the DJO application in the background? There are no adjustments for this.
    By the way, the german translation of DJO on our Galaxy S was not the best ;-)

Hi, No I am not running a task killer. All I have in that area is the active applications widget that came on the home screen of the Galaxy S. You mentioned Bambam that you too needed DJO running in the background. Let me clarify what I am talking about, becaus my situation may be normal. in my Galaxy S if I go too home page -> menue > settings>Applications > Running services, if DJO is in the running services then the alarm will sound. If I have closed it, so it is not part of the running services the alarms will not sound. In a sense it makes sense that a closed application cannot sound an alarm, but maybe I have been spoiled by my palm which, of course is always running the alarmable apps and cannot be shut off if you have a live battery in there. My palm desktop alarm app also alarms even if the desktop is not open. I will do what I have to to make these alarms work (they are my memory). I had just understood that DJO did not have to be a running service for the alarm to sound.

can you explan me, how to put the DJO application in the background?

Closed Thread