+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DejaOffice v1.10.6 available in the Android Market

I installed the 1.10.0 beta on my Droid 2 running Froyo, and when I added a couple of new contacts to Outlook and synced, it put the new contacts into the "Google" group instead of into the "Phone" group in the native contact app. So I had 150 people in my "Phone" group and 2 people in my "Google" group. I tried deleting the new contacts and resyncing a few times and it did the same thing. It didn't matter whether Google was selected in the Contacts Settings or not.

I deleted the stray contacts, uninstalled 1.10, reinstalled 1.9.8 and resynced, and the two new contacts went into the "Phone" group where they belong.

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbird View Post
    I installed the 1.10.0 beta on my Droid 2 running Froyo, and when I added a couple of new contacts to Outlook and synced, it put the new contacts into the "Google" group instead of into the "Phone" group in the native contact app. So I had 150 people in my "Phone" group and 2 people in my "Google" group. I tried deleting the new contacts and resyncing a few times and it did the same thing. It didn't matter whether Google was selected in the Contacts Settings or not.

I deleted the stray contacts, uninstalled 1.10, reinstalled 1.9.8 and resynced, and the two new contacts went into the "Phone" group where they belong.
    We'll have this fixed in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    180mmapo-
    According to your previous posts you have an HTC G7 Desire. From doing a little research I can tell this phone doesn't actually ship with the Android OS. Have you modified this phone to run Android? If so, there's a good chance we cannot support the "Phone" contacts account. You'll have to stick with syncing to the Google account. As long as you have Google sync turned off, you shouldn't really notice any difference between the account types.
    Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the HTC G7 Desire I am now using was bought with an offical HTC ROM for UK, later on I "rooted" it and flashed it with an Android 2.2ROM, it's still an Android OS though not provided by HTC. The ROM was called "OwnhereDesire v1.5 build 100806 by ownhere", modifications have been done based on official ROM.

Can I understand if I flash my ROM to an offical HTC ROM, the DejaOffice can or will offer the conduit to sync with the native Android conact?

I don't mind to use either native "Phone" contact or Google account contact as long as the category information can be kept. As I mentioned before, after sync between DejaOffice and the native Google account contact, the category information lost in Google account but DejaOffice can still maintain the categories. I had the same bad experience before using Dejaoffice, the categories can not be synced between native Android Google acount contact and the could-end Gmail contact, this problem happend in my previous HTC G3 Hero and the HTC G7 Desire with original offical HTC ROM. I got excited when I saw DejaOffice, I thought it should provide solutions, but unfortunately, it does not work well so far in terms of sync contact categories.

Maybe I miss something, can you please provide further advices on how to ensure the sync between DejaOffice and the native Androild Google account contact includes all category information.

Thanks.

Not working...

Just downloaded version 1.10, and I get this message when starting it "the application DejaOffice(process com.companionlink.clusbsync) has stoppe unexpectedly" How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Jose

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by 180mmapo View Post
    Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the HTC G7 Desire I am now using was bought with an offical HTC ROM for UK, later on I "rooted" it and flashed it with an Android 2.2ROM, it's still an Android OS though not provided by HTC. The ROM was called "OwnhereDesire v1.5 build 100806 by ownhere", modifications have been done based on official ROM.

Can I understand if I flash my ROM to an offical HTC ROM, the DejaOffice can or will offer the conduit to sync with the native Android conact?

I don't mind to use either native "Phone" contact or Google account contact as long as the category information can be kept. As I mentioned before, after sync between DejaOffice and the native Google account contact, the category information lost in Google account but DejaOffice can still maintain the categories. I had the same bad experience before using Dejaoffice, the categories can not be synced between native Android Google acount contact and the could-end Gmail contact, this problem happend in my previous HTC G3 Hero and the HTC G7 Desire with original offical HTC ROM. I got excited when I saw DejaOffice, I thought it should provide solutions, but unfortunately, it does not work well so far in terms of sync contact categories.

Maybe I miss something, can you please provide further advices on how to ensure the sync between DejaOffice and the native Androild Google account contact includes all category information.

Thanks.

Contact categories should sync as long as you have the option set to do so in Settings/Sync Settings. If this is checked but not working, I'd advise contacting DJO support to possibly send in a log. http://www.dejaoffice.com/support.

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez001 View Post
    Just downloaded version 1.10, and I get this message when starting it "the application DejaOffice(process com.companionlink.clusbsync) has stoppe unexpectedly" How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Jose

If you go back to v1.9.8 do you still see the problem?

no, not that problem... the problem that I have, since I upgraded first to 1.9.8 is that it keeps giving me the message that I have to unmount the sd card, and I have done it everyway till sunday and the problem is still there. I got all my contacts on my evo, but cannot access them thru dejaoffice. I have re-installed 1.9.8 several times and still get the same message...Help!!

DejaOffice Team
    no, not that problem... the problem that I have, since I upgraded first to 1.9.8 is that it keeps giving me the message that I have to unmount the sd card, and I have done it everyway till sunday and the problem is still there. I got all my contacts on my evo, but cannot access them thru dejaoffice. I have re-installed 1.9.8 several times and still get the same message...Help!!
    Your earlier post said that when you update to 1.10 the app would crash. The SD issue sounds completely different. Which problem are you having? The SD card error you are seeing is a result of the SD card being used by the PC so DejaOffice cannot read its data. Do you have this problem when the phone is disconnected from the PC?

Yes, I have this problem even when I am NOT connected to the PC...

DejaOffice Team
    Yes, I have this problem even when I am NOT connected to the PC...
    This sounds like a problem with your SD card. Try turning off the phone, removing it and rebooting. You may also want to format the card, or possibly try buying a new one. SD cards are very cheap and are often replaced for issues like these.

+ Reply to Thread