Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DejaOffice v1.10.6 available in the Android Market

In the new 1.10.6, whenever I change sync settings, the deja app (not CompanionLink) crashes. It just stops, requiring me to re-sync. And pray.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    BamBam-
    The task syncing back to the PC with the wrong date is a fix you'll need in the next CompanionLink that should be posted by tonight. It should be build 4032.

We will look into the red date issue occurring at different times of the day.
    Jason -

I did determine that the change to red appears to occur reliably at 7pm local time (Eastern in this case). Hopefully this helps pinpoint the issue in the code.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrosen2 View Post
    In the new 1.10.6, whenever I change sync settings, the deja app (not CompanionLink) crashes. It just stops, requiring me to re-sync. And pray.
    Hi John,

Silly question given everything we have covered together so far. Are you using multiple sync methods? THis could possibly explain a lot of the mysterious behavior you have been having.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi John,

Silly question given everything we have covered together so far. Are you using multiple sync methods? THis could possibly explain a lot of the mysterious behavior you have been having.
    I believe the answer to that question would be no - I only sync this device to my personal PC, and only use the USB connection. However, one variable in this is that I also sync my old Palm Treo to this same PC which permits me to carry data over from my work PC (encrypted, and Android devices are not permitted) without having to connect the Android directly or use the cloud. I was thinking that this might have something to do with it, but could not come up with a specific reason - when the Android syncs to my PC, all it will see is the data regardless of the source. Could this be a possible conflict?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
    I believe the answer to that question would be no - I only sync this device to my personal PC, and only use the USB connection. However, one variable in this is that I also sync my old Palm Treo to this same PC which permits me to carry data over from my work PC (encrypted, and Android devices are not permitted) without having to connect the Android directly or use the cloud. I was thinking that this might have something to do with it, but could not come up with a specific reason - when the Android syncs to my PC, all it will see is the data regardless of the source. Could this be a possible conflict?
    Hi BamBam,

I have a hard time imagining this as an issue, but anything is possible. If there is sync function from PTD in the system tray perhaps that might cause a problem but I doubt it.